Sunnyvale, California – (via THE HOSTING NEWS) – August 31, 2005 – Ensim, a leader in automation software solutions for web hosting providers, has announced a new release of the Ensim Pro control panel that supports the CentOS 4 operating system.
The chief advantages of CentOS are enterprise-grade stability and security to meet enterprise demand for the CentOS open source alternative. CentOS is especially attractive to service providers who do not need extensive support or who wish to avoid the frequent upgrades commonly associated with other Linux variants. The combined solution benefits web hosting providers by broadening the choice of operating system while maintaining the high level of functionality, stability and security that customers have come to expect from Ensim Pro.
Geoffrey Pan, CEO for CheetahWeb explained the value of the new offering, “We are thrilled that Ensim Pro now supports CentOS 4 because we are continuously looking for ways to provide our customers with the widest breadth of offerings. By coupling Ensim Pro with an Open Source OS alternative, Ensim has enabled us to further enrich our Linux web hosting offering.”
Over the past six months, Ensim has introduced the following new capabilities:
* Ensim Power Tools: Now hosters can auto-install and upgrade a rich set of popular pre-integrated applications, such as blogs, forums and photo galleries.
* Power Tools Open API: The Power Tools Open API enables hosters to differentiate their offering by easily integrating third party applications.
*Integrated Modules: Ensim Pro integrates with some of the most popular technologies, including products such as MySQL, Spam Assassin, Miva, Rodopi, and Site Galore.
* New language packs: Ensim Pro for Linux is now available in German and Spanish.
* Enhanced Automation and Management Tools: Single-click auto-login, advanced disc usage tracking, and the ability to switch between IP and named-based web sites are just a few of the new features that allow hosters to lower their operational costs through automation and comprehensive management tools.
* Broadened OS Support: Ensim Pro supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4, CentOS 4, Fedora core 2, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003.
Kevin Farrell, Senior VP, Strategy and Product Management for Ensim described the new service, “We want to enable our customers to easily integrate the applications of their choice with Ensim Pro. Providing support for a broad range of operating systems and releasing the Ensim Power Tools Open API gives our customers the greatest flexibility and the widest selection of options available.”
For more information, please visit the Ensim web site at www.ensim.com or call toll free at 1-877-693-6746 inside the United States or 1-408-745-3300 outside the United States.