Herndon, Virginia – (The Hosting News) – July 18, 2007 – Server virtualization firm, SWsoft, has developed a management system to provide a single login and password application, with its Single Sign-On (SSO) technology. Designed to make it easier for customers to use and manage applications, the new solution addresses reduction of the administrative costs associated with password management for hosting providers.
The SSO technology includes:
- Open protocol specifications that can be implemented by all Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) in their applications, available for free on SWsoft Developer Network (SWDN), at http://swdn.swsoft.com/en/openfusion/.
- An SSO server that will ship in upcoming releases of SWsoft Plesk, HSPcomplete and PEM products. Service providers can implement their own SSO server using the SSO specifications available on SWDN.
Serguei Beloussov, CEO of SWsoft remarked, ”Modern software-as-a-service offerings can consist of hundreds of components that need to be well integrated. SSO provides unified user credentials to streamline the integration required. SSO advances our OPEN FUSION initiative by simplifying application development, and by making it easier and less costly for hosters to offer new services that provide a better user experience for their customers.”
Features of SSO technology include:
- Single Sign-On Capability – Without SSO, a customer using multiple applications has to enter a separate login and password for each. With SSO, the user needs to enter their credentials only once for the duration of the session, regardless of how many applications will be used.
- Open protocol – The SSO protocol and developer documentation is available to all ISVs who wish to implement SSO in their applications or SSO service.
- Integration with external directories – In future releases, the SSO server will support authentication against external directories (LDAP, AD/ADAM).
Founded in 1999, SWsoft is a recognized leader in server automation and virtualization software. With more than 10,000 customers in over 100 countries, SWsoft’s suite of products delivers proven performance, reliability, manageability and value. With offices around the world; SWsoft is a high growth company, funded by Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Venture Partners and Intel Capital, offering comprehensive solutions, transparently integrated through the OPEN FUSION Initiative – including Virtuozzo, Plesk, SiteBuilder, HSPcomplete and PEM.
To learn more about SWsoft, please visit: www.swsoft.com.