Dallas, Texas – (The Hosting News) – June 10, 2009 – Several new features have been recently added to the launched CloudLayer line of cloud services at SoftLayer. Key among these is hourly billing for CloudLayer Computing instances.
Nathan Day, Chief Technology Officer for SoftLayer offered, ”Our CloudLayer suite provides comprehensive and powerful on-demand computing resources. With the addition of these new service features, our customers have an even finer degree of scalability at their disposal.”
Now available is:
- 1 Core â€”$0.15/hour
- 2 Core â€”$0.25/hour
- 4 Core â€”$0.35/hour
- 8 Core â€”$0.50/hour
Â Â Outbound bandwidth usage will be charged at $0.10 per GB. As with all SoftLayer computing services, inbound and private network bandwidth is a free service.
Also added was the capability for customers to instantly upgrade computing instances via the company’s industry-leading, proprietary Customer Portal. The following can be upgraded:
- Core and RAM
- Uplink port speed (no reboot required)
- Bandwidth allocation (no reboot required)
- Additional disks
Â Â The upgrades are processed automatically and take only a few minutes to complete. While ordering their upgrade, customers are given the option to specify a time for the upgrade to occur.
CloudLayer was released early last month and includes CloudLayer Computing instances, CloudLayer Storage, and CloudLayer CDN. Each is available as a standalone service, or can be integrated with SoftLayer dedicated servers and automated services to create a unified computing environment. CloudLayer provides a wide-range of benefits, including:
- Pay As You Go or Monthly Packages: Monthly billing is based on hourly usage or monthly plans with no long-term commitment, letting customers optimize their return on technology investment by paying only for the resources they need and use. Hourly billing will be offered in the near future.
- Immediate Scalability: Services are added in real time to accommodate unexpected or temporary changes in demand, providing exactly the level of IT power and capacity as needed, when needed.
- Ease of Use and Control: Full control via SoftLayer’s Customer Portal and API provides streamlined, simplified management, as well as direct access to all SoftLayer services and tools.
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, SoftLayer delivers world-class, on-demand virtual data center services on a global basis from facilities located in Dallas, TX; Seattle, WA; and Washington, DC. SoftLayer integrates all facets of IT to innovate industry-leading solutions that are fully automated. This empowers customers with complete control, security, scalability, and ease-of-management for their IT environment.
For more information, please visit: www.softlayer.com.