Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – February 26, 2007 –
Managed hosting, colocation, and IT outsourcing services, VeriCenter, has named Steve Lesem as Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, who will report to President and CEO, Gray Hall. Mr. Lesem will be responsible for demand generation, field marketing, communications, business development, analyst relations, and messaging.
Mr. Hall explained, â€œWe are delighted that Steve has taken this role within VeriCenter. He is a proven leader and his addition further strengthens our executive team. Because Steve has been successful in both sales and marketing roles throughout his career, he will provide us with the leadership VeriCenter requires to develop a stronger marketing competency, driven by customer needs and industry demands.”
Lesem brings more than 20 years of experience in IT marketing and sales. He was most recently Senior Vice President of worldwide sales for SafeNet, a Maryland based security technology firm. At BMC Software, a Houston based systems management software solution provider, Lesem served in a variety of capacities, including a VP role in Asia Pacific business development and channel programs, VP of Americas Marketing, and VP of Sales and Marketing for BMC’s Security Business Unit. Prior to BMC, Mr. Lesem held several important sales and marketing positions at IBM including General Manager, PC Server Sales and Marketing for North America.
Mr. Lesem continued,
“I am honored to receive this important assignment and join the VeriCenter team,” said Lesem. VeriCenterâ€™s pace setting growth and leadership of the managed hosting industry are truly exciting. VeriCenter has a world-class industry reputation, great solutions, a seasoned management team, and an extremely strong commitment to their customers. I look forward to working with the team as we accelerate the company’s success in this fast, dynamic and rapidly growing market.”
2006 Highlights for VeriCenter Include:
- 26th consecutive quarter of sequential sales growth
- 22th straight EBITDA-positive quarter
- 169 new customers, including BodyCote, Energy Partners, First Data Systems, Jasonâ€™s Deli, Merrill Lynch Commodities, Peerless Manufacturing and Ziff-Davis.
- Introduction of Premier Services, a dedicated technical support offering for complex enterprise environments.
- Release of Version 4.0 of the VeriCenter Customer Portal, which presents real-time data to customers about their environments hosted at VeriCenter, and serves as a communication mechanism between VeriCenter and its customers.
- Completed expansion projects in VeriCenter’s Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, and Denver data center facilities, bringing the company’s current level of production raised floor space to 145,000 square feet.
- For the second consecutive year, VeriCenter was recognized in the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States.
VeriCenter, Inc. is a managed services, application hosting and IT infrastructure outsourcing company for large and mid-market enterprises. From its nationwide network of seven premier data center facilities, VeriCenter endeavors to provide a comprehensive range of managed services including management of servers, storage, backups, network, databases, security and data centers to more than 600 business customers in a broad range of industries. In addition to providing cost savings through economies of scale, VeriCenter delivers value to its customers by providing application availability, reliability and scalability, combined with a flexible and service-oriented culture, and by continuously adapting services to incorporate advances in infrastructure technology such as virtualization and utility computing solutions. In both 2005 and 2006, VeriCenter was recognized in the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States.
To learn more, please visit: www.vericenter.com.