Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – March 6, 2007 –
Managed hosting, colocation, and IT outsourcing services, VeriCenter, has named Kimberly Bowron as Vice President of its Human Resources division. Ms. Bowron most recently was Principal Owner of Human Capital Consulting, after serving as Senior Vice President of Corporate Services at Clear Channel Entertainment.
Having held senior Human Resources roles at Invensys and Honeywell, at VeriCenter, Ms. Bowron will have companywide responsibility for all facets of human resource management activities. She will report to Gray Hall, President and CEO.
Gray Hall, President and CEO of VeriCenter commented, â€œI am excited that Kimberly has joined our team. Sheâ€™s passionate about developing people and will be working to create a strategically aligned HR function, which is so critical to the future of our company.â€
Ms. Bowron added, â€œI am delighted to be part of the VeriCenter organization and I look forward to the unique organizational and human capital issues faced by this industry as well as the fast paced growth of VeriCenter. This is a great time to be joining VeriCenter, which is dependent on highly skilled, constrained IT resources. I am excited and look forward to working with the employees and management team.â€
Ms. Bowron received her Master of Arts in Industrial Organizational Psychology from California State University, Long Beach. She has served on the Board of Directors for Communities In Schools â€“ Houston as well participating in activities with the National MS Society and American Cancer Society.
2006 Business Highlights for VeriCenter Included:
- 26th consecutive quarter of sequential sales growth
- 22th straight EBITDA-positive quarter
- 169 new customers, including BodyCote, Energy Partners, First Data Systems, Jasonâ€™s Deli, Merrill Lynch Commodities, Peerless Manufacturing and Ziff-Davis.
- Introduction of Premier Services, a dedicated technical support offering for complex enterprise environments.
- Release of Version 4.0 of the VeriCenter Customer Portal, which presents real-time data to customers about their environments hosted at VeriCenter, and serves as a communication mechanism between VeriCenter and its customers.
- Completed expansion projects in VeriCenter’s Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, and Denver data center facilities, bringing the company’s current level of production raised floor space to 145,000 square feet.
- For the second consecutive year, VeriCenter was recognized in the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States.
VeriCenter, Inc. is a managed services, application hosting and IT infrastructure outsourcing company for large and mid-market enterprises. From its nationwide network of seven premier data center facilities, VeriCenter endeavors to provide a comprehensive range of managed services including management of servers, storage, backups, network, databases, security and data centers to more than 600 business customers in a broad range of industries. In addition to providing cost savings through economies of scale, VeriCenter delivers value to its customers by providing application availability, reliability and scalability, combined with a flexible and service-oriented culture, and by continuously adapting services to incorporate advances in infrastructure technology such as virtualization and utility computing solutions. In both 2005 and 2006, VeriCenter was recognized in the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States.
To learn more, please visit: www.vericenter.com.