Santa Clara, California – (The Hosting News) – August 6, 2008 – Web operations firm OpSource’s On-Demand solution, have been chosen by Adobe, as its Web operations application, for Acrobat.com.
Adobe selected OpSource, rather than a traditional managed services provider, for its ability to provide application-level support including application management, performance management, change management control, application optimization and compliance.
Eric Thompson, Director of Systems Engineering and Operations for Adobe’s Business Productivity Business Unit noted, ”OpSource’s complete Web operations approach to delivering SaaS applications, along with their scalability and partnership approach to doing business, clearly differentiates them from traditional managed hosting and services companies. By partnering with OpSource, we can deliver the best possible customer experience with our hosted service offerings.”
Acrobat.com is a set of online services – file sharing and storage, PDF converter, online word processor and Web conferencing – that can be used to create and share documents, communicate in real time and simplify working with others.
Treb Ryan, CEO of OpSource remarked, ”Adobe is not only one of the largest software companies in the world, they are an industry leader that truly gets SaaS. They have made a serious commitment to the on-demand world and we are thrilled that they have chosen OpSource as their Web operations partner. Adobe has embarked on an exciting journey and we are looking forward to sharing it with them.”
OpSource On-Demand is designed to enable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Web companies to quickly and securely deliver their applications and services over the Web to consumers and businesses alike. Going far beyond full-featured managed hosting, it includes the application management, compliance and business services that are necessary for on-demand business success. OpSource On-Demand includes:
Technical Operations include:
- Best-in-class, scalable software, hardware and network infrastructure
- World-class data center facilities
- Redundant carrier class load balancing architecture
- In-depth 24×7 monitoring, security, and management procedures backed by SAS-70 Type II audits
- Built-in high availability solutions from simple clustering to wide-area Disaster Recovery
Application Operations include:
- Data management
- Performance management, including multipoint user-experience monitoring
- Application Roll Out and Change Management
- Application optimization
- Compliant infrastructure, processes and procedures including: SAS 70 Type II audited, HIPAA and PCI DSS compliance and salesforce.com and WebEx certifications
Business Operations include:
- OpSource Billing – An end-to-end subscription management, metering and payment stand-alone solution, or as part of OpSource On-Demand
- OpSource Connect – A Web services infrastructure and integration toolset, for application integration in the Cloud and behind the corporate fire-wall
- OpSource End-User Support – 24×7 customer branded end-user support
- OpSource Analytics – A real-time application and customer usage information, and health of business analysis and reporting tool
OpSource delivers Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Web applications for on-demand companies, with hundreds of applications, millions of users and billions of transactions supported daily. OpSource On-Demand, the leading Web operations solution, is defining how Web-based software is delivered. By choosing OpSource as their Web application delivery partner, companies are freed from investing in and managing the complex and costly infrastructure and services necessary to deliver applications over the Web. They can instead focus their resources on developing, marketing and selling their applications and services. Further, by using OpSource Connect companies can leverage Web services such as OpSource Billing, OpSource Analytics and OpSource End-User Support and integrate their applications with other SaaS applications over the Internet as well as with enterprise applications behind the corporate firewall. OpSource On-Demand is suitable for companies at any stage of growth, with any type of on-demand application. OpSource is the only company to offer Success-Based PricingSM, a unit-based pricing model that allows businesses to begin with a modest minimum commitment and scale expenses as revenues increase.
Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, OpSource has Web application delivery centers in Virginia, London and Bangalore.
For more information about OpSource, please visit: www.opsource.net.