Herndon, Virginia – (The Hosting News) – August 22, 2006 –
SWsoft, an established leader in server automation and virtualization software, has revealed the winners of the SiteBuilder for Windows Contest. Sponsored by SWsoft, Microsoft, Dell and Dotster, the contest challenged U.S. college students to create an original website using SWsoft SiteBuilder software.
Six grand prize winners were awarded new Dell Notebooks, and all contestants received free website hosting for six months from Dotster. To win, contestants were asked to publicize their websites to solicit the most public votes.
The six grand prize winners are:
– Philip Akida, age 24, Santa Monica College: on forphil.sitebuildercontest.com, Philip tells his life story, from his childhood in Kenya to his experience as an international student in Los Angeles.
– Alejandro Gutierrez, age 18, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: trancedjalexg.sitebuildercontest.com promotes Dj AlexG, a disc jockey on radio station 99.1 WIKD Eagles FM in Daytona Beach, Florida.
– Bryce Johnston, age 19, Dodge City Community College: underground.sitebuildercontest.com provides information on new bands, music, gaming reviews, technology and more.
– Jacob Miller, age 19, Loyola Marymount University: linuxsite.sitebuildercontest.com promotes the use of Linux for graphic design.
– Andrew Rouhafzai, age 18, University of Virginia: catholic.sitebuildercontest.com, a website for the St. Lawrence Catholic Church in Virginia, provides information about the church, mass times, contact information and current church news.
– Wasif Syed, age 24, Cornell University: wasyed.sitebuildercontest.com provides information about publishing websites and how to post them on search engines.
Kurt Daniel, Vice President of Marketing and Alliances at SWsoft commented, ”It was exciting to see the enthusiasm of these talented students for this opportunity to explore website creation and hosting early on. SiteBuilder for Windows, which we co-developed with Microsoft, provided the students with an approachable tool for building and editing websites, and Dotster provided them with an excellent experience through a free, six-month hosting offer.”
SWsoft SiteBuilder for Windows SiteBuilder is a next generation, scalable web application that can be integrated into any business process: hosting, ISP, registrars and telcos. SiteBuilder’s five-step wizard and 11 dynamic modules — including blogging and picture galleries — make the software a powerful and flexible solution. SiteBuilder for Windows is currently available as part of a free promotion until September 30, 2006.
Launched in 2000, Dotster was among the first to offer long-term registrations and discounted pricing. Dotster offers online account management tools and dedicated support from its customer care team in Washington State. Dotster provides web hosting, DNS management, website development and marketing services, and partner programs as well as creative, marketable, and hard-to-find domain.
SWsoft is a recognized leader in server automation and virtualization software. With more than 10,000 customers in over 100 countries, SWsoft’s suite of products delivers proven performance, reliability, manageability and value. With offices around the world; SWsoft is a high growth company, funded by Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Venture Partners and Intel Capital, offering comprehensive solutions â€“ transparently integrated through the OPEN FUSION Initiative – including Virtuozzo, Plesk, SiteBuilder, HSPcomplete and PEM.
To learn more about Dotser, please visit: www.dotster.com.
For more information about SWsoft, please visit: www.swsoft.com.