Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – December 20, 2007 – Privately held dedicated web hosting company, The Planet, has unveiled the extension of full hardware and software configurability for all new servers, in an effort to boost economy-line server efficiency.
Urvish Vashi, Director of Product Management at The Planet remarked, ”Customers have indicated a preference for more powerful entry-level options, and we’re responding. Together with our extensive server fleet, any company looking for hosting requirements can find what they need at The Planet. In addition, our six world-class data centers provide unparalleled network quality, with around-the-clock service and support.”
Customers may add additional RAM or upgrade hard drives to satisfy power requirements for its most affordable, entry-level servers. New upgrade options are available on the Celeron 2.0, Pentium 4-2.4 and the Conroe 3040 models.
Ultimately, The Planet endeavors to provide:
- High levels of network capacity and speed to deliver peak performance
- Instant scalability to handle even the largest spikes in network traffic
- Parallel, redundant, multi-tiered network routing and switching architecture to assure reliability and stability
- Multiple layer network security that prevents Delayed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks from harming businesses
- Knowledgeable experts with a passion for excellence and a commitment to operate the best networks in the business
The Planet is a leading provider of On Demand IT Infrastructure solutions, hosting over 22,000 small and medium size businesses and 3.1 million web sites worldwide, using the best choice of servers, software tools and support, backed by enhanced facilities and network connectivity.
For more information about The Planet, please visit: www.theplanet.com.