Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – March 21, 2008 – The Planet privately held dedicated hosting company, has included a new advanced backup server, equipped with 6TB of capacity in an enterprise-ready RAID5 configuration, as the largest and most powerful in its fleet.
The Dedicated Backup Server provides resellers and heavy-content users with exceptional performance, security and instant backup capacity for mission-critical environments. The new Dedicated Backup Server comes equipped with the award-winning CDPServer software from R1Soft, which allows end users to connect an unlimited number of server clients at no additional cost. CDP – Continuous Data Protection allows customers to recover servers to their original known state, with a continuous data snapshot and the ability to roll back to the last update to minimize loss. Bare-metal recovery bypasses the file system, which provides maximum efficiency and performance during both backup and restore. With block-level backup capabilities found only on the most powerful backup solutions, Dedicated Backup Servers offer incredible value.
Tim Donahue, President of BigStockPhoto explained, ”At BigStockPhoto, our customers rely on us for access to nearly 2 million high-resolution stock photos, so the image data that we host is our lifeblood. The ability to store our enormous image library and customer information is the foundation of our business, so reliability is critical. The Planet’s new high-capacity dedicated backup provides exactly the level of performance we require at an economical rate.”
Urvish Vashi, Director of Product Management at The Planet remarked, ”Data loss is no laughing matter, as far too many companies have learned. Surveys have found that only 20 percent of businesses are adequately covered on backup. With content-rich sites and mission-critical environments, that represents a significant business risk. The best recommendation we can make to protect customers is to be certain they’re covered on backup.”
Customers can take advantage of the simple-to-manage and incredibly powerful R1Soft backup that efficiently manages bandwidth and CPU performance that saves time and disk space:
- Operating Systems: Select from either the Linux or Windows operating systems.
- High-performance monster servers: Available on the powerful Dell 2900 monster server, the largest in any of the company’s six world-class data centers. Equipped with 8 1TB SATA drives in a RAID5 configuration, the servers provide 8GB of RAM and 2-250GB system drives.
- Bandwidth: Up to 8TB of free bandwidth on the new platform.
For a limited time, The Planet is offering promotional pricing on its new Dedicated Backup Server. Through March 31, 2008, or while supplies last, the Dell 2900 is available for $999 per month, a cost savings of $100 per month.
Ultimately, The Planet endeavors to provide the following:
- High level of network capacity and speed to deliver peak performance
- Instant scalability to handle even the largest spikes in network traffic
- Parallel, redundant, multi-tiered network routing and switching architecture to assure reliability and stability
- Multiple layer network security that prevents Delayed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks from harming businesses
- Knowledgeable experts with a passion for excellence and a commitment to operate the best networks in the business
The Planet is a leading provider of On Demand IT Infrastructure solutions, hosting more than 22,000 small and medium size businesses and 6.7 million web sites worldwide, using the best choice of servers, software tools and support, backed by state-of-the-art facilities and network connectivity.
To learn more about the offering, please visit: www.theplanet.com/dedicated-servers/dedicated-back-up-servers.asp.
For more information about The Planet, please visit: www.theplanet.com.