Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – April 24, 2008 – The Planet privately held dedicated hosting company, has added an automated recovery solution, which is now available on all of its new and existing servers within the company’s extensive offerings.
The Automated Rescue Environment (ARE) allows customers to self-restore and repair their servers directly from The Planet customer portal in the event of a critical software failure.
Urvish Vashi, Director of Product Management with The Planet noted, ”The hosted IT infrastructure provides significant cost savings for customers compared with a do-it-yourself approach, an even more important factor in challenging financial markets. Many of our more technically proficient customers have asked for direct management capabilities, so for these companies we want to provide the option of unfettered access. As always, our skilled technical support team is available 24x7x365 for all of our customers.”
ARE enables customers with the option to self-manage their servers in the event of a system crash or failure. By rebooting from a safe zone on The Planet’s network, customers simply download a light OS, which provides the necessary tools to diagnose and recover data. The ARE:
- Allows customers to safely diagnose configuration errors without resorting to data losses associated with reloading the operating system
- Provides a significant self-service advantage so that customers can recover deleted files, replace corrupt files, manage and backup data, and remove harmful programs in a safe mode
- Adds additional value to The Planet’s hosted solution by providing the ability to self-restore and manage servers.
Ultimately, The Planet endeavors to provide the following:
- High level of network capacity and speed to deliver peak performance
- Instant scalability to handle even the largest spikes in network traffic
- Parallel, redundant, multi-tiered network routing and switching architecture to assure reliability and stability
- Multiple layer network security that prevents Delayed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks from harming businesses
- Knowledgeable experts with a passion for excellence and a commitment to operate the best networks in the business
The Planet is a leading provider of On Demand IT Infrastructure solutions, hosting more than 22,000 small and medium size businesses and 6.7 million web sites worldwide, using the best choice of servers, software tools and support, backed by state-of-the-art facilities and network connectivity.
For more information about The Planet, please visit: www.theplanet.com.