Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – December 11, 2007 – Privately held dedicated web hosting company, The Planet’s sponsored research, has confirmed that significant revenue increases have occurred, for integrators offering its hosted Microsoft SBS solution, through staff productivity with no upfront investments.
The new white paper details wide-ranging economic benefits and business value for system integrators (SI’s) and their SMB customers who use the company’s Microsoft SBS solution. More specifically, the paper clearly outlines how integrators who partner with The Planet can increase their profits by more than 20 percent per customer, without incurring upfront costs.
The research titled ” The Planet’s Hosted Microsoft SBS Service: Delivers More Customers, Revenue and Profits to System Integrators” – was conducted by analyst Michael Suby with Frost and Sullivan’s Stratecast Partners.
The Planet offers a complete enterprise-class ”IT portfolio-in-a-box” that includes Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server and Microsoft SQL Server, bundled with anti-virus and spam protection, and a comprehensive data backup solution.
Carl Meadows, Senior Product Manager with The Planet remarked, ”System integrators are the trusted advisors for their customers, and they are tasked with providing IT solutions that enable their clients to focus on running their businesses. By partnering with The Planet, system integrators can expand their product portfolios. They can offer many of the same services they provide on-site, all hosted in our world-class datacenters. This allows SI’s to move toward a richer, service-based model versus one based expressly on hardware purchases and billable hours. Even better, their clients gain access to enterprise-class service without the burden of having to manage or finance the infrastructure.”
In his evaluation, Mr. Suby notes that integrators can not only make more money per customer, the support time per customer is reduced, which enables them to increase their customer engagement ratio. The service provides a broad range of benefits for SI’s interested in offering their clients a hosted solution from a world-class provider:
- Increases top-line revenues and profit: With no capital investments, SI’s can increase their profit by more than 20 percent per customer, compared with traditional on-site time and materials deployments.
- Boosts staff productivity: No longer is it necessary to waste time ordering server hardware, configuring systems, scheduling customer visits, driving to the customer’s site to install a server or refining configurations. Using The Planet’s Hosted Microsoft SBS service, SI’s gain an on-demand, at-your-desk operation that consumes less than one week.
- Eliminates server disruptions: The Planet’s six world-class data centers provide redundant power sources and Internet connections that are designed to withstand extreme weather conditions. Servers are monitored and secured 7x24x365, which allows SI’s peace of mind so they can focus on more critical, business-building activities.
- Enables deeper customer relationships: The dependability and value of The Planet’s Hosted Microsoft SBS service deepens the professional relationships between SI’s and their customers, a financial benefit that creates longer-term relationships and adds to the trusted-advisor role.
- Retain complete client ownership: Relationships are hard won and valuable, which The Planet values and understands. SI’s retain the primary point of contact for their customers, while The Planet supports the SI customer and his staff.
Mr. Suby explained, ”If customers have their SBS servers hosted in a world-class data center, such as The Planet’s, they can expect to experience significantly higher service levels compared with on-site hosting. This represents a significant increase in value. For IT integrators who are their clients’ trusted advisors, this high-demand solution is more affordable and enables greater profitability. A partnership with The Planet is worthwhile.”
Ultimately, The Planet endeavors to provide the following:
- High level of network capacity and speed to deliver peak performance
- Instant scalability to handle even the largest spikes in network traffic
- Parallel, redundant, multi-tiered network routing and switching architecture to assure reliability and stability
- Multiple layer network security that prevents Delayed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks from harming businesses
- Knowledgeable experts with a passion for excellence and a commitment to operate the best networks in the business
The Planet is a leading provider of On Demand IT Infrastructure solutions, hosting more than 22,000 small and medium size businesses and 2.8 million web sites worldwide, using the best choice of servers, software tools and support, backed by state-of-the-art facilities and network connectivity.
For more information about The Planet, please visit: www.theplanet.com.