Renton, Washington – (The Hosting News) – April 2, 2008 – Server virtualization firm, Parallels, has selected IT products distributor, Tech Data Corporation, as its exclusive U.S. distributor for Parallels Virtuozzo Containers.
Following Parallels’ channel program offering value-added resellers (VARs) access to container-based server virtualization software, distribution of Parallels Virtuozzo Containers will be managed by Tech Data’s Advanced Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) Division, which provides VARs with specialized sales and technical support for virtualization solutions.
Bill Portin, Vice President of North American sales and operations, Parallels noted, ”Parallels Virtuozzo Containers takes a different approach to server virtualization than many of the other solutions available in the channel, and by doing, so offers enterprises large and small a unique set of advantages, such as better per-server density and superior performance. This makes Parallels Virtuozzo Containers an ideal solution for VARs deploying data center-scale virtualization or for those deploying virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions. Working with Tech Data’s AIS Division, Parallels will ensure our VAR partners have access to the support, expertise and information they need to profitably deploy Parallels Virtuozzo Containers.”
Parallels Virtuozzo Containers is the world’s leading operating system (OS) virtualization solution. On a single physical server and single OS installation, it enables users to run workloads in multiple, simultaneously running execution environments called ‘containers’. Compared to other virtualization technologies, Parallels Virtuozzo Containers offers the highest levels of density, performance and manageability.
Amy Belcher, Director of product marketing, Advanced Infrastructure Solutions at Tech Data remarked, ”Tech Data’s AIS Division has built one of the channel’s most robust data center solution offerings that includes the broadest virtualization practice of any distributor. The addition of Parallels Virtuozzo Containers provides our VAR customers with more options as they develop and deploy server virtualization solutions for a wide range of end-user environments and business-enhancing applications. Parallels has a strong commitment to the channel, and we’ll work closely with them to help our VAR partners build profitable and successful virtualization practices.”
VARs can leverage Parallels Virtuozzo Containers to enhance and deploy a wide range of IT solutions, including:
- Server and Operating System Consolidation – Parallels Virtuozzo Containers superior density enables customers to consolidate multiple physical servers to fewer servers that run multiple instances of the same operating system.
- Business Continuity – New features such as real-time backup and live migration enable cost-effective disaster recovery and high-availability configurations that ensure continuous business operations.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) – Industry-leading density and performance make Parallels Virtuozzo Containers the best solution for deploying VDI enterprise-wide.
- Workload Management – The unique ability of Parallels Virtuozzo Containers to manage applications and allocate resources in real-time – in response to changing user needs – delivers maximum efficiency, productivity and uptime.
- Application Hosting for SaaS (Software as a Service) Deployments – Because each container is lightweight and can be deployed in seconds, Parallels Virtuozzo Containers is an ideal solution for businesses looking to capitalize on SaaS both internally and externally. Parallels has a robust ISV and partner community working on SaaS solutions and is spearheading the Application Packaging Standard, which drives rapid SaaS deployment of applications.
Founded in 1974, Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ GS: TECD) is a leading distributor of IT products, with more than 90,000 customers in over 100 countries. The company’s business model enables technology solution providers, manufacturers and publishers to cost-effectively sell to and support end users ranging from small-to-midsize businesses (SMB) to large enterprises. Ranked 109th on the FORTUNE 500 Tech Data generated $23.4 billion in sales for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2008.
Parallels (formerly SWsoft) is a worldwide leader in virtualization and automation software that optimizes computing for consumers, businesses, and service providers across all major hardware, operating systems, and virtualization platforms. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with 900 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia.
To learn more about becoming a Parallels Virtuozzo Container reseller, please visit: www.techdata.com.
For more information about Parallels, please visit: www.parallels.com.