Santa Clara, California – (The Hosting News) – July 31, 2008 – Web operations firm, OpSource, will provide online collaboration services for businesses, eXpresso Corporation’s scalable Web delivery of secure collaborate services.
The company selected OpSource On-Demand because of its ability to manage its infrastructure while keeping pace with the volume of eXpresso users and their concurrent sessions.
eXpresso provides a complete and immediately usable Excel collaboration tool that requires no installation, support or training. However, with no in-house IT resources, eXpresso required a hosting solution that provided the technical aspects of its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering, while also providing complete scalability to address the needs of its rapidly growing customer base.
George Langan, CEO of eXpresso, noted, ”In theory, the volume of eXpresso users can grow exponentially at any given moment, so we need an infrastructure that is dynamic, scalable and can stay ahead of our overall growth. We put OpSource On-Demand through a three-month pilot, during which time they not only provided us with the infrastructure and scalability we needed, but also demonstrated both a personal touch and an in-depth understanding of our needs and applications. We’re now also evaluating OpSource Analytics to dissect data in a way that should enhance how it can be used by our sales team.”
A comprehensive, award-winning Web Operations solution, OpSource On-Demand enables Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Web companies to quickly and securely deliver their applications and services over the Web to consumers and businesses alike. Going far beyond full-featured managed hosting, it includes the application management, compliance and business services that are necessary for on-demand business success. OpSource On-Demand includes:
- Best-in-class, scalable software, hardware and network infrastructure
- World-class data center facilities
- Redundant carrier class load balancing architecture
- In-depth 24×7 monitoring, security, and management procedures backed by SAS-70 Type II audits
- Built-in high availability solutions from simple clustering to wide-area Disaster Recovery
- Data management
- Performance management, including multipoint user-experience monitoring
- Application Roll Out and Change Management
- Application optimization
- Compliant infrastructure, processes and procedures including: SAS 70 Type II audited, HIPAA and PCI DSS compliance and salesforce.com and WebEx certifications
- OpSource Billing – An end-to-end subscription management, metering and payment stand-alone solution, or as part of OpSource On-Demand
- OpSource Connect – A Web services infrastructure and integration toolset, for application integration in the “Cloud” and behind the corporate fire-wall
- OpSource End-User Support – 24×7 customer branded end-user support
- OpSource Analytics – A real-time application and customer usage information, and health of business analysis and reporting tool
Treb Ryan, CEO of OpSource, added, ”SaaS has been readily adopted by consumers and is now going mainstream for the enterprise. This is opening up new markets for SaaS providers such as eXpresso who are adding value including collaboration and file sharing to ubiquitous enterprise-wide applications like Excel. SaaS success in the enterprise requires reliability, scalability and security and we’re honored to have earned eXpresso’s trust as its Web operations partner.”
OpSource delivers Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Web applications for on-demand companies, with hundreds of applications, millions of users and billions of transactions supported daily. OpSource Connect companies can leverage Web services such as OpSource Billing, OpSource Analytics and OpSource End-User Support and integrate applications with other SaaS applications over the Internet, as well as with enterprise applications behind the corporate firewall. OpSource On-Demand is suitable for companies at any stage of growth, with any type of on-demand application. OpSource is the only company to offer Success-Based PricingSM, a unit-based pricing model that allows businesses to begin with a modest minimum commitment and scale expenses as revenues increase. Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, OpSource has Web application delivery centers in Virginia, London and Bangalore.
eXpresso is a provider of managed business community solutions. The company offers secure, hosted online workspaces suitable for business collaboration, beginning with the Excel spreadsheet environment. eXpresso’s unique capabilities leverage multiple homegrown, patent-pending technologies, enabling users to access, share, compare and collaborate on business information from any location. The privately-owned company is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
To learn more, visit: www.expressocorp.com.
For more information about OpSource, please visit: www.opsource.net.