Ontario, Canada – (The Hosting News) – October 9, 2006 – On-demand enterprise workforce management software firm, Workstream Inc., has debuted a new data center and infrastructure, to host its Workstream TalentCenter suite of applications.
Workstream believes that an effective and secure control environment for the hosting and software infrastructure becomes a critical piece to effective solution delivery, with the industry movement to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) hosted model.
Michael Mullarkey, Chairman and CEO of Workstream commented, ”Just as Workstream took the leadership role in advancing Software-as-a-Service in the Human Capital Management space, we believe it is critical that we take the leadership role in ensuring customers of a confident and successful transition to our hosted applications by making the necessary investments in the underlying infrastructure to support it.”
Facilities: The new Workstream environment utilizes the new infrastructure and technology, with its primary North American data center, a Bell Canada hosting center, in Toronto, Canada. The facility received top honors as a ”World Class Facility” by the independent, international Uptime Institute. The facility includes:
- 99.999% uptime,
- Multiple and redundant power supplies and networks,
- State-of-the-art fire detection and suppression,
- Industry leading physical and technical security and
- Advanced administrative control and monitoring processes.
Workstream will be using its current Ottawa-based hosting facility as its future disaster recovery site.
Hardware: To complement its new state-of-the-art facility, Workstream has also deployed the latest in hardware and software infrastructure. This includes the use of Sun Microsystems Servers and Cisco networking infrastructure.
Security and Controls: With the growing focus on security, Workstream is taking a very aggressive approach in this area as well. In addition to the physical security of the hosting facility, other key Workstream security components include:
- State-of-the-art network security, including the deployment of multiple firewalls between the application, database and web tiers;
- Single Sign On (SSO) to support liberty alliance, federated security models;
- Third Brigade advanced host intrusion prevention;
- Recent completion of second year of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance and
- Receipt of SAS 70 Type I certification and anticipating SAS 70 Type II certification by November 2006.
Virtualization: Workstream applications are being deployed using EMC’s VMware virtualization, which provides for:
- Higher availability
- Faster provisioning of environments for production, development and testing;
- Greater consistency and manageability for operations staff;
- Improved and more cost effective scalability based on peaks in demand;
- Faster recovery and
- Greater deployment flexibility.
Mike Gioja, CIO and EVP of Products and Services for Workstream offered, ”Taken together, we believe these very sizeable company investments represent a major leap forward, and provide our customers with a highly reliable, secure and scalable infrastructure for their hosted applications.”
Workstream representatives will be available to discuss the new facility and infrastructure in Booth #612 at the 9th Annual HR Technology Conference and Exposition being held at ChicagoÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Navy Pier on October 4-6. Workstream will also be previewing the latest release of its TalentCenter Suite at the Conference.
Workstream provides On-Demand Enterprise Workforce Management solutions and services designed to help companies manage the employee lifecycle – from recruitment to retirement. Workstream’s TalentCenter provides a unified view of all Workstream products and services including Recruitment, Benefits, Performance, Compensation, Rewards, Employee Development, Knowledge Management and Transition. Access to the Workstream TalentCenter is offered on a monthly subscription basis under an on-demand software delivery model to help companies build high performing workforces, while controlling costs. With nine offices across North America, Workstream services over 400 customers including Chevron, The Gap, Home Depot, Kaiser Permanente, Motorola, Nordstrom, Samsung, Sony Music Canada, VISA, and Wells Fargo.
To learn more, please visit: www.workstreaminc.com.