Atlanta, Georgia – (The Hosting News) – January 15, 2009 – Web hosting and managed integrated VoIP, broadband and mobile small business services provider, Cbeyond, has reported its financial results for the quarter, ending December 31, 2009, including ending customers of 42,463, with a monthly customer churn rate of 1.4% for the fourth quarter of 2008.
Cbeyond anticipates releasing its full operating and financial results for the fourth quarter of 2008, including final customer and churn data, on Thursday, February 26, 2009. Cbeyond presented at the Citi Global Entertainment, Media and Telecommunications Conference at the Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa in Phoenix, Arizona recently, in a pesentation by Jim Geiger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Prior financial and operating highlights include the following:
- Strong second quarter revenue growth with revenues of $90.2 million, up 24.6% over the third quarter of 2007. The second quarter of 2006 included a $0.9 million positive adjustment relating to customer promotional liabilities recorded in prior periods. Excluding this benefit to second quarter 2006 revenue, growth over the second quarter of 2006 was 31.1%;
- Net income of $1.7 million in the third quarter of 2008 compared with $3.4 million in the third quarter of 2007 (see Net Income discussion for factors affecting the comparability of income tax expense between the periods);
- Total adjusted EBITDA of $16.9 million during the third quarter of 2008, an increase of 25.5% from the third quarter of 2007 (see Schedule 1 for reconciliation to net income), which includes a positive revenue adjustment of $0.4 million and higher than typical expense credits to Cost of Service in the amount of $3.5 million (see discussion of Revenue and ARPU and Cost of Service and Gross Margin);
- Average monthly revenue per customer location (ARPU) of $760 during the third quarter of 2008, or $756 excluding the effect of a positive revenue adjustment (see Revenue and ARPU discussion), compared to $754 in the second quarter of 2008 and $749 in the third quarter of 2007; and
- Monthly customer churn of 1.3% in the third quarter of 2008 as compared to 1.3% in the second quarter of 2008.
Cbeyond, Inc. is an IP-based managed services provider that delivers integrated packages of communications and IT services to more than 29,000 small businesses in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles and San Diego. Cbeyond offers more than 20 applications including local and long-distance voice, broadband Internet, mobile, BlackBerry, broadband laptop access, voicemail, email, web hosting, fax-to-email, data backup, file-sharing and virtual private networking. Cbeyond manages the services over a private, 100-percent Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) facilities-based network.
For more information about Cbeyond, please visit: www.cbeyond.net.