Phoenix, Arizona – (The Hosting News) – August 6, 2008 – Subsidiary of Newtek Business Services and a provider of Windows-based web hosting, CrystalTech Web Hosting, is offering new virtual private server (VPS) plans powered by Microsoft’s latest virtualization platform, Hyper-V.
Robert Cichon, President and Chief Operating Officer of Newtek Technology Services noted, ”As one of the first web hosts to offer Microsoft Windows Server 2008 earlier this year, CrystalTech has had the opportunity to test Hyper-V in a dedicated environment for several months now. The fact that we are able to provide a VPS solution so quickly after Hyper-V was released to the market illustrates our commitment to offering the latest cutting-edge technologies to our customer base.”
Hyper-V, a key feature of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, is a hypervisor-based technology that provides a scalable, reliable, and tightly integrated virtualization platform within the Microsoft Windows environment. Hyper-V powered VPS plans, which are now available for pre-order at CrystalTech starting at $99.95, will provide developers and businesses with operating system level control, like a dedicated server, including root access and the ability to install many common software packages and toolsets, without the overall costs and management responsibilities associated with a dedicated server.
Mr. Cichon added, ”As a middle ground between shared and dedicated services, the appeal and demand for virtual private servers is growing among businesses and developers who require more control over their web environments, but don’t necessarily need the entire resources of a dedicated server,”
A wholly owned subsidiary of Newtek Business Services, Inc., Newtek Technology Services is a premier provider of web technology solutions to the small- to medium-sized business market, providing services to customers in over 100 countries, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 corporations.
Newtek’s Technology service lines include:
- CrystalTech Web Hosting, Inc.: An industry leading provider of Microsoft Windows web hosting since 1997, CrystalTech offers shared, dedicated, and VPS hosting plans, along with domain registrations, SSL certificates, and online shopping cart tools.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage, and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval solutions designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
Newtek Business Services, Inc. is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- to medium-sized business market under the Newtek brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses, and to compete effectively in today’s marketplace. Newtek provides one or more of its services to over 88,000 business accounts, and has positioned the Newtek brand as a one-stop-shop provider of business services to the small- and medium-sized business market. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 26.8 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
Newtek’s business service lines include:
- Electronic Payment Processing: Electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Web Hosting: Full-service web host which offers shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- Business Lending:n Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a), conventional commercial real estate and SBA 504 loans, business lines of credit, and business credit cards.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services : Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
- Outsourced Digital Bookkeeping: Bookkeeping and financial information management solutions.
- Tax Preparation and Advisory Services: Expert tax planning and consultation for businesses.
- Business Plan Preparation: Professional business plan development.
To learn more about Newtek, please visit: www.newtekbusinessservices.com.
For more information about CrystalTech, please visit: www.crystaltech.com.