Houston, Texas – (The Hosting News) – July 31, 2008 – Internet website security provider, Alert Logic, has surpassed its 500th customer in the first half of 2008, ast one of several significant business and product milestones for company in the past six months.
Michael Turner, President and CEO of Alert Logic noted, ”Today businesses face complex compliance and security challenges that can easily overwhelm the most seasoned IT staff. Alert Logic is focused on reducing that complexity by providing SaaS-based solutions that are easy to buy, own and use. Our growth in the first half of 2008 demonstrates the need for IT compliance and security solutions like ours and we look forward to providing our customers with these innovative technologies in the second half of the year.”
Adoption of Alert Logic’s IT compliance and security solutions was driven largely by industry and government regulations such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Many organizations struggling to comply with these and other mandates chose Alert Logic because its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform delivers log management, intrusion protection and vulnerability management solutions that are the easiest to implement and use.
Other important milestones achieved in the first half of 2008 include:
- Alert Logic raised $8.25 million in Series C financing. The round was led by Updata Partners and included existing investors Hunt Ventures, OCA Ventures, DFJ Mercury and Access Venture Partners.
- The company released an upgrade to Alert Logic Log Manager, its flagship log management product. Log Manager 1.1 now fully leverages the power of grid computing and virtualization technologies.
- Alert Logic won a Red Herring 100 Award, a selection of the 100 most innovative private technology companies based in North America.
- Alert Logic announced alliances with two web hosting companies, Hostway and Logicworks, and an IT distributor, Ingram Micro. The agreement with Ingram Micro is especially significant since Alert Logicâ€™s solutions are being offered to Ingram Micro’s more than 40,000 solution providers and managed service providers throughout North America.
- Demonstrating its commitment to protect its customers’s data, Alert Logic received a Statement on Auditing Standards No. 70 (SAS 70) Type II audit report. Alert Logic was also re-certified to perform assessments for organizations that must comply with the PCI DSS.
- To accommodate its growth, Alert Logic moved its Houston, TX-based headquarters from a 6,800 square foot office to one that is more than 21,000 square feet.
Alert Logic is a provider of on-demand compliance and security solutions. By enabling its customers to detect threats, eliminate vulnerabilities, and manage log data, Alert Logic provides the easiest way to secure networks and comply with policies and regulations. Alert Logic’s on-demand platform utilizes software-as-a-service to deliver the benefits of rapid deployment, zero maintenance, and no upfront capital costs. As a result, Alert Logic customers benefit from easy and affordable compliance and security. The company is based in Houston, Texas and founded in 2002.
To learn more, please visit: www.alertlogic.com.