(The Hosting News) – Primary Unified Monitoring™ solutions provider Nimsoft, announced today that demand for monitoring that encompasses both the datacenter and the cloud propelled Nimsoft to a profitable and record-breaking year in 2009. The Nimsoft Monitoring Solution (NMS) captured market share as the solution of choice for leading managed service providers (MSPs), hosting providers, public cloud providers, and global enterprises. Nimsoft led the industry with the first Unified Monitoring solution capable of managing internal datacenters together with private and public cloud environments.
“2009 was an exceptional year for Nimsoft,” said Gary Read, Nimsoft president and CEO. “Despite the global recession, Nimsoft customers invested in solutions that not only provide immediate value and cost savings, but also position them for the future as they expand into hybrid IT infrastructures.”
2009 financial highlights include:
– 130 brand new logo customers
– Over $50 million in bookings and over 40 percent growth in new bookings from 2008
– Cash flow positive every quarter during the year
– Increase in monthly recurring revenue of nearly 70 percent from December 2008
– Increase in revenue backlog of nearly 70 percent from December 2008
During the year, MSPs looking to expand their service catalog and profitably grow their business chose Nimsoft for its ability to offer monitoring of so many different environments with excellent customer visualization. MSPs also appreciated the capability of NMS to support hundreds of different customers from a single instance. Large enterprises embraced Nimsoft in order to move to a more dynamic infrastructure and enhance customer satisfaction. Hosting and cloud providers selected Nimsoft for scalable monitoring solutions that could be deployed into their rapidly growing infrastructures in an automated and touch-less manner.
Sample new 2009 customers include:
– Enterprises: BrainLAB, Credit Agricole Deveurope, European Medicines Agency, Foodstuffs South Island, Health Dialog, InfoSpace, and SMART Technologies
– Service Providers: 1&1 — the world’s largest Web hosting provider, Atrion, GlassHouse Technologies, ISC IT Solutions, IT Authorities, Midwave, Securex, and Thomas Duryea
Nimsoft achieved a number of product and industry milestones in 2009, including:
– Nimsoft became the first to deliver Unified Monitoring, providing complete visibility into business applications running internally and externally — from the datacenter to the cloud. As part of this, Nimsoft unveiled a public web portal, www.unifiedmonitoring.com, providing real-time data on the performance and availability of leading cloud, SaaS, virtualization, and hosting provider platforms.
– Nimsoft delivered public cloud probes for Salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud, Google Apps, and Google App Engine, providing visibility into the performance and availability of those environments.
– Nimsoft announced Unified Reporting, consolidating performance and availability reporting from all sources including cloud services and applications, internal datacenters, and virtualized infrastructures.
– Nimsoft acquired and fully integrated Layer2/Layer3 discovery, topology mapping, and root cause analysis intellectual property from Cittio Inc.
– Ingram Micro Seismic, the world’s largest IT distributor, selected Nimsoft as the vendor of choice to resell to medium and large MSPs.
– Nimsoft achieved VMware ready optimized status and released probes for managing Hyper-V, XenServer, Solaris Zones, and IBM PowerVM.
– Gartner positioned Nimsoft in the Challengers quadrant of the Gartner 2009 IT Event Correlation and Analysis Magic Quadrant, reflecting Nimsoft’s continued positive momentum and leadership.
– Yankee Group’s 2010 predictions report named Nimsoft as a leading provider of solutions to manage cloud resources.
– In a Market Insight Report, The 451 Group praised the Nimsoft Unified Monitoring offering: “It’s so far the most comprehensive offering we’ve come across for monitoring public and private cloud environments.”
“Our outlook is tremendous,” said Read. “Analyst firms across the board are predicting rapid growth in cloud management solutions. IDC predicts that cloud management investments will swell to $44 billion by 2013, and Nimsoft is positioned as a leader in this area. We are very pleased that leading enterprises and service providers choose Nimsoft for end-to-end monitoring regardless of where the infrastructure resides.”