OnApp Launches $25 million “Cloud-In-A-Box” Giveaway
March 22nd, 2011 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – OnApp has revealed a unique offer for hosting providers at the WorldHostingDays 2011 exhibition today – dispelling myths about the cost and complexity of setting up a cloud hosting operation. OnApp will give away 500 “Cloud-In-A-Box” packages that give recipients the opportunity to get cloud hosting software and services, worth well over $50,000, free of charge. There are 500 boxes available to WHD 2011 attendees on a first come, first served basis. OnApp is a Diamond Sponsor at WHD 2011, and the total value of OnApp’s Cloud-In-A-Box offer is in excess of $25 million.
The Cloud-In-A-Box offer includes almost everything a host needs to build their own cloud hosting service – OnApp cloud management software, StarWind iSCSI SAN software, HostBill billing software and free rack hosting space at VI.NET – plus additional free offers for load balancer software from Loadbalancer.org, and OneClickSSLTM certificates from GlobalSign. One box is a special Gold Edition, which also entitles the recipient to a free VPS cloud hosting service at VI.NET.
“We’ve put this amazing offer together to prove just how easy it is for a hosting provider to make the move to the cloud,” said Carlos Rego, OnApp’s MD and Chief Architect. “It’s a myth that cloud hosting is hugely expensive and complicated – a myth that’s perpetuated by companies selling hugely expensive and complicated cloud products and services. Cloud-In-A-Box dispels that myth. We’re giving away the fundamental technologies you need to start cloud hosting – and, for the lucky recipient of the Gold Edition box, we’re giving away an entire cloud set-up, free for a year.”
Carlos Rego will lead a Cloud Hosting in Action panel discussion at WHD 2011, where successful cloud hosts will reveal the secrets of their success in the fast-growing cloud hosting market (4pm, Wednesday 23rd March). Carlos will also present on the key issues driving the cloud hosting market and how the market will develop over the next 18-24 months (10:05am, Tuesday 22nd March).
The OnApp Cloud-In-A-Box includes*:
• OnApp cloud management software – 250 licenses, free of charge for a year. OnApp is the only cloud management software designed specifically for the hosting industry, with ultra-fast cloud infrastructure deployment, a high density design, rich cloud management functionality and very low entry costs.
• StarWind iSCSI SAN software – a free of charge one-year license for StarWind Enterprise HA 16TB or Unlimited TB editions for up to two servers, which equates to a full replicated SAN. StarWind SAN software turns any 64-bit or 32-bit Windows server into a fail-safe, fault-tolerant, high availability SAN, perfect for cloud storage.
• HostBill software – a free of charge one-year license for HostBill branded billing software for one domain. HostBill is a leading provider of billing software for online businesses. Its software handles ordering, invoicing, payment and support functionality, and includes native OnApp integration.
• Loadbalancer.org software – a free of charge license for Loadbalancer.org’s Enterprise virtual appliance for OnApp. Loadbalancer.org is a specialist developer of high performance, high availability load balancing solutions.
• GlobalSign Certificates – free of charge 1 year OneClickSSLTM Certificates from GlobalSign, for an unlimited number of hosted domains. GlobalSign is a leading Certification Authority and SSL Certificate Provider.
• VI.NET rack hosting space – one month’s full rack hosting space at a VI.NET datacenter, free of charge, including free set-up, 40Tb of data transfer and a 1Gb unmetered connection. VI.NET is a specialist provider of enterprise-grade hosting services for public and private clouds.
The special Gold Edition box extends the free of charge period for the 250 OnApp software licenses to ten years, and includes a year’s free access to VI.NET’s VPS cloud hosting service, including 10GB RAM, 300GB disk space and 10 vCPUs – perfect for launching a small cloud service, or for development purposes.
To receive a free Cloud-In-A-Box, visitors to WHD 2011 should visit OnApp, Stand 6, at the WHD hosting.FAIR.
* One box only per individual/per company, and a few other conditions apply. Full details of the offer are provided in each Cloud-In-A-Box.
OnApp develops cloud management software for the hosting industry. OnApp software was developed from the ground up to enable mass-market hosts to build their own cloud hosting services. It enables hosts to deploy clouds in the datacenter using commodity hardware; provides rich functionality for cloud deployment, resource management, user management, failover and utility billing; has a high density design to maximize a host’s margins; and features pre-built integration to leading hosting billing engines, including WHMCS, Ubersmith and HostBill.
OnApp launched in July 2010 after two years of development. OnApp has offices in the US and Europe, employs more than 50 staff and can be found online at www.onapp.com.
We have multiple locations for DDoS Mitigation, which allows clients to have lowest latency and prefences as well. Depending on the size and type of the attack, locations can be changed or combined to handle large or complex attacks