Parallels Summit 2013 Concludes After Big News
February 7th, 2013 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Big announcements were made during Parallels’ latest Summit, this year held in Last Vegas, Nevada from February 4th through 6th.
CEO Birger Steen hit the stage Tuesday, highlighting some big stats in his opening speech. Among them, he noted that 50% of U.S.-based SMBs would have mobile websites up and running within the next three years. Steen also signaled that 90% of SMBs would be willing to buy bundled services.
What may have been the most fascinating stat revealed, though, was related to data growth, something Steen said would grow to 8.0 Zettabytes by 2015.
New services announced by Parallels included Parallels Cloud Storage, a service ServInt’s Christian Dawson said was an “easy evolution” from the provider’s virtualization platform. Also in the mix was APS 2.0 featuring pluggable secure sign on along with a dynamic user interface with a feel and look that the end user could fully customize. And finally, Parallels rolled out Automation 5.5. With more than 50 UI improvements available, the platform supports Parallels Cloud Storage along with Microsoft Lync 2013 and Microsoft Exchange 2013.
The big speeches did not end there, though. Tim Harmon, a Principal Analyst at Forrester discussed opportunities in the SMB cloud services market, noting how those in the hosting industry could increase profitability. Tod Nielsen, a Senior Executive with EMC/VMware talked business opportunities in the new era, drawing upon 20 years plus of experience in the industry. Other sessions, meanwhile, included talks on Parallels SMB Cloud Insights, cloud storage strategies, APS 2.0, business planning for cloud, Plesk Panel and more.
On Wednesday, Parallels Executive Chairman Serguei Beloussov shared his thoughts on innovation, detailing what he viewed as successful and unsuccessful moves in the industry.
Attendees enthusiastically browsed the conference floor, visiting company presences from the likes of McAfee, Idera, Jelastic, CloudLinux, GlobalSign, Anturis, SiteLock, Kaspersky and more. Parallels Summit 2014 could be held in New Orleans, Louisiana next year, an undisclosed source told The Hosting News.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering