(The Hosting News) – PEER 1 Hosting, the global online IT hosting provider, has shaken up the UK hosting market, revealing a massive 264% growth in revenue since it opened its European HQ offices in Southampton, UK in April 2009. Revenues to the end of April 2011, now stand at a healthy £6.6million in just two years of business.
To accommodate booming demand from customers, PEER 1 Hosting is also building a new state-of-the-art data centre in Portsmouth, which will offer managed hosting, dedicated hosting and co-location services all under one roof. PEER 1’s data centre team reports April 2011 was its busiest month yet, where more hosting solutions were sold than any previous month. The complexity of orders has also increased with customers taking advantage of PEER 1’s 10Gbps fibre network, increased demand for database cluster based solutions, global load balancing solutions and DDoS protection for example.
Dominic Monkhouse, EMEA Managing Director at PEER 1 Hosting comments: “We made a promise when we launched in 2009 to deliver the best service in the industry to our customers. The quality of our people are at the heart of our success as these are the guys who sleep under desks when it snows, on-board customers in hours and our Technical Account Managers know what customers need before they even know themselves. The team at PEER 1 is making a difference to customers and that’s why businesses are turning to us in numbers.”
“We expect to double our revenue next year and we’re closing in on the number two position to Rackspace, which is exactly where we want to be – giving customers a world-class alternative. The new data centre we bring online in the Autumn will propel us forward into the challenger position which we’re really looking forward to,” Monkhouse continued.
PEER 1 Hosting has achieved numerous milestones in the last year in the UK including:
- Scalable cloud storage for web hosting customers, powered by EMC® AtmosTM, providing customers with flexible, pay-as-you-go storage for data files and rich media
- New channel programme throughout EMEA; PEER 1 pays its partners three to four times more than its competitors over the life of a customer, through its Evergreen initiative offering 10% monthly recurring commissions for life
- The launch of PEER 1’s High Performance Computing (HPC) services; the industry’s first large-scale hosted NVIDIA GPU Cloud for financial services, design, oil & gas industries
- Microsoft Hosted Exchange for small and medium businesses, offering customers fully featured enterprise level email access
- Participation in the VMware Service Provider Program (VSSP) to offer customer Private Cloud solutions, providing customers with access and visibility of their hosted VMware environments
- Business continuity through an exclusive partnership with Adam Continuity, the BS25999 accredited, and leading provider of business continuity solutions, providing customers a high availability solution recovery SLA of up to four hours, in the event of data centre outages
- Build out of a new 58,000 square foot green data centre in Portsmouth, featuring a modular POD design. The first of five POD stages will be available to customers in Autumn 2011
- IPv6 ready ‘dual stack’ network available to all existing PEER 1 customers
About PEER 1 Hosting
PEER 1 Hosting is one of the world’s leading IT hosting providers. The company is built on two obsessions: Ping & People. Ping, represents its commitment to best-in-breed technology, founded on a high performance 10Gb SuperNetwork™ connected by 17 state-of-the-art data centres, 21 points-of-presence and 10 colocation facilities throughout North America and Europe. People, represents its commitment to delivering outstanding customer service to its more than 10,000 customers worldwide, backed by a 100 percent uptime guarantee and 24x7x365 FirstCall Support™. PEER 1 Hosting’s portfolio includes Managed Hosting, Dedicated Servers under the ServerBeach brand, Colocation and Cloud Services. Founded in 1999, the company is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with European operations headquartered in Southampton, UK. PEER 1 Hosting shares are traded on the TSX under the symbol PIX. For more information visit: www.peer1.com or www.peer1hosting.co.uk.