(The Hosting News) – Better Business Bureau is warning businesses not to click on an email that claims to be a “BBB SBQ” (standard business questionnaire). The email was sent out this morning to what is believed to be tens of thousands of businesses across the country. The email has a ZIP file attachment that links to a site that can download malware on the user’s computer. Spoofing well-known and trusted brands is a common scam tactic. Other organizations such as the IRS, the FBI and Fortune 500 companies have been spoofed in similar phishing campaigns that victimized consumers and businesses.
Phishing Scam Spoofs BBB Questionnaire Businesses Warned Not to Click
|Caronet Managed Hosting Services - Engineered for YOUR business|
* Your True Managed Services Provider - Cloud, Colo, Dedicated Solutions
* Multiple Levels of Support to Ensure You Pay for Only What You Need
* Focus More on Revenue Generating Activities and Applications
* Technical Engineers are on call and available for 24 x 7 x 365 Support
* Named to 2015 Managed Service Provider 500 List by CRN