(The Hosting News) – Latisys today announced that Photobucket Corporation, the world’s leading dedicated photo and video sharing service, has renewed its contract for data center colocation services – including access to high density data center space, power and cooling.
Denver, Colorado-based Photobucket has 100 million users and hosts more than 9 billion images and videos (approximately four million images and videos are uploaded every day). As a result of these demanding, bandwidth-intensive requirements, Photobucket has for the past five years relied upon Latisys’ data center colocation services to ensure it has the scalability, reliability and flexibility to support user and business growth. Photobucket will benefit from enhanced disaster recovery and redundancy through Latisys’ national footprint that spans all U.S. time zones, and will also leverage an expanded Denver presence that includes the existing Latisys 30,000 square foot data center and its newest 82,000 square foot, Tier III data center currently under construction.
“It has been critical during the past five years to work with a data center provider that understands the evolving and often unpredictable business requirements for an emerging, fast growing firm such as ours,” James Goss, Vice President of Operations, Photobucket Corporation. “No matter how challenging or unique the request, Latisys has, time and time again, remained flexible and fully responsive to our specific needs.”
While traditional data center colocation providers lock customers into long-term contracts with required minimums for space, power, cooling and other services, Latisys employs a highly flexible approach for pricing, support and IT infrastructure that enables enterprise customers to scale up and down quickly depending on changing business and market conditions.
By leveraging Latisys’ data center colocation services, Photobucket will also continue to benefit from:
- Reduced data center footprint – Latisys’ flexibility in adapting to technology advancements within the data center has enabled Photobucket to refresh some hardware and consolidate its footprint.
- Strategically located facility – Located near the tech center in Denver, Colorado, the Denver 2 data center provides easy reach from Denver International Airport, Centennial Airport, and major Interstates.
- Carrier Choice – The Latisys facility offers carrier neutral connectivity or its own redundant multi-homed IP access point, providing Photobucket with access to the best high performance bandwidth in the region, with over 23 Gigabits of Internet bandwidth currently active over multiple Tier 1 providers.
- State-of-the-art security – Each Latisys data center facility features multi-layered security systems, digital video surveillance, network monitors and a 24x7x365 fully manned Network Operations Center (NOC) that is tied to the national support team.
- Reduced TCO with elimination of capital expenditures – Rather than making capital investments in power, cooling, security and network access often required for a leased space, organizations can leverage Latisys’ investments in next-generation technologies, operational expertise and efficiencies, in addition to the data center infrastructure.
“Photobucket has established itself as one of the most promising technology companies in the Denver region, and we are excited to continue this partnership,” said Bryan Walsh, Denver Regional Sales Director, Latisys. “Our team focuses on working with customers like Photobucket to understand their unique needs, and then remaining flexible as these needs change. By taking this approach – and continuing to invest in new services and capabilities as evident with the recent Denver expansion – we are positioned to not only gain new customers, but keep them.”
With multiple high-density, Tier III data centers in Denver, Orange County, Chicago and North Virginia, Latisys offers a complete array of IT Outsourcing Services from colo to cloud, covering all U.S. time zones – including gateways into Asia Pacific and Europe – and providing unmatched scalability and multi-site redundancy to enterprise businesses.
Latisys is a leading national provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services, disaster recovery and private cloud solutions to medium-sized businesses, enterprise customers and government agencies. With a heritage serving business customers since 1994, and multiple high-density, SAS70 Type II compliant data centers across the United States, Latisys offers scalable outsourced IT infrastructure management solutions that provide customers what they need, when they need it. As a data center-centric company, Latisys is quickly becoming the hosting and colocation company of choice for companies that demand more from their IT infrastructure partner. All while optimizing clients’ return on investment. All while ‘delivering more’. Call 1-866-956-9594 or visit http://www.latisys.com for additional information.
Photobucket is the world’s leading dedicated photo and video sharing service. With over 100 million registered members, Photobucket users upload over four million images and videos per day from the Web and connected digital devices. Photobucket hosts, preserves and protects photos and videos while bringing members the very best browsing, sharing and editing experiences. In addition to uploading and sharing with friends and family on the Photobucket site, users can also instantly share memories across all of the most popular social networks, instant messenger applications, through email, and from their mobile phones. Photobucket’s headquarters are in Denver, Colorado with a regional office in San Francisco, California. For the latest feature announcements and news, please visit the Photobucket press blog at http://blog.photobucket.com/photobucket_press.