Quasar Data Center Announces Expansion
February 8th, 2013 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Quasar Data Center announced today that they are expanding their existing co-location footprint in Houston, TX with the addition of 12,000 square feet of prime co-location space. Quasar Data Center is aggressively looking for an anchor tenant and can provide enterprise class services such as N + 1 Infrastructure along with 24/7/365 support and security, 24/7/365 physical and remote access, high density power configurations up to 10KW per rack, a carrier neutral facility with connectivity to most major carriers and private space that can be customized and built to suit.
Casey Jones, Vice President of Operations, commented, “The data center is the backbone of any company operating in the digital economy today. Quasar has Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, Citrix, VMware, and Checkpoint certified technicians and supports physical hardware as well as virtual environments utilizing VMware and Xen products.”
Quasar has dual CenterPoint Energy power grids that supply 13.7 megawatts to the building. The building windows are rated for winds over 250 mph, and the demising walls are built from floor to ceiling. The building was originally established in 1983 as a data center hotel by AT&T and Verizon, offering disaster recovery assistance to businesses in the Gulf Coast area. Today, 29 years later, Quasar has proven itself as a reliable, hardened data center that can withstand any natural disaster. The facility has never lost power or been forced to operate from backup generators. Disruptive events, such as natural disasters and loss of power, are mitigated through building and infrastructure design.
“Our Tier 1 POP makes Quasar truly Carrier Neutral with over 35 different carriers and direct demarcation with the Pacific Rim. We are capable of providing “peered” bandwidth for greater redundancy and expeditious routing,” said Kevin Lambert, Vice President of Sales, Quasar Data Center.
About Quasar Data Center
Quasar Data Center is a carrier neutral colocation facility located in downtown Houston, Texas. Quasar offers a wide range of 24/7 services including 1) Colocation, Hosting and Managed Services; 2) IT Professional Services and Network Consulting; 3) Cloud Computing, Virtual Networks and Remote Business; 4) High Performance Computing; 5) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery; 6) Cyber-security and Intrusion Detection & Mediation; and 6) VOIP Communications and Bandwidth. Because of its history of reliability and security, Quasar has attracted many top companies and communications carriers including AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, AboveNet, TW Telecom, Level 3, NTT, Cogent and others.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering