(The Hosting News) – Hosting provider Rackspace on Wednesday announced the addition of what it described as “major new features” for its private cloud offering.
In the mix for Rackspace Private Cloud Software are a number of new capabilities including OpenCenter – something the company said offers a “centralized graphical user interface and API that simplifies and automates the operational activities associated with deploying, managing and maintaining Private Clouds.”
Also included is High Availability – a feature expanded upon by RackSpace OpenCenter via “point-and-click deployment and management” for OpenStack nodes. Such benefits include cutting down on business risk and up-time improve.
And finally, the company is providing users with a choice regarding host operating systems. Rackspace users can now select from the likes of Ubuntu, CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
“Rackspace Private Cloud’s powerful new OpenCenter platform is a user interface and orchestration tool built to deploy, operate and scale on-premise private clouds,” commented Rackspace Private Cloud GM Jim Curry in a press release.
Curry continued, “This paves the way for Rackspace to bring its continuous integration and deployment expertise from the public cloud arena into private enterprise datacenters.”
The unveiling follows a previous announcement by the company last month in which Rackspace announced its intent to acquire ObjectRocket – a bid to help users with the scaling of MongoDB.
|Black Lotus DDoS mitigation Service|
- 24x7 mitigation with guaranteed SLA
- DDoS mitigation facilities throughout North America and Europe
- 480 Gbps of active DDoS mitigation capacity
- Service delivery via GRE, physical cross connections or virtual Ethernet service
- Protect your servers or entire IP space from attacks
- Rackspace Unveils Private Cloud for OpenStack Grizzly
- Rackspace Adds Certification for Private Cloud
- Cloud Host Rackspace Unveils New OpenStack Solutions
- Rackspace No Longer Looking To Go Private
- Phoenix NAP Unveils Managed Private Cloud