(The Hosting News) – Yahoo!, the premier digital media company, today announced that the latest version of Yahoo! Mail will roll out of beta testing and be available for all 284 million users worldwide to upgrade in the coming weeks. Already one of the largest and most trusted email brands in the world, Yahoo! Mail brings conversations to life through a faster, safer, and more personal communications experience. Yahoo! will also make the latest version of Yahoo! Mail available to its global partners, including Nokia.
This version of Yahoo! Mail makes it even easier for people to share, organize and store online conversations and media content with a focus on improved performance, enhanced spam protection and a rich, customizable inbox. Yahoo! continually delivers powerful mobile experiences, and this version of Yahoo! Mail offers consistent features across PC, mobile and tablet devices. Yahoo! Mail is available in 43 markets and 26 languages around the world. Features include:
- Social Infusion: People can instantly respond to messages from Facebook, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Mail and other webmail providers with a new easy reply bar. Additionally, people can view photo slideshows, inline videos and more from within their inboxes. People can also view and share notifications and updates from Twitter, Facebook and Zynga from a new Updates tab.
- Conversations Aren’t Just Email: Yahoo! Mail prioritizes messages and contacts that matter most. When people want to compose an IM or email they will find their most frequent contacts and lists shown to them. People can now also chat with Facebook friends alongside Windows Live and Yahoo! Messenger contacts and view all of their past IM and text conversations within Yahoo! Mail.
- Tailor Your Inbox: People can choose from over 50 vibrant themes and stationery options to express their personalities and customize how they view messages and contacts.
- App-ify Mail: New, easy-to-use applications help people be more productive and organized right from their inboxes. People can send mega files using Attach Large Files by YouSendIt, which will start to roll out in the coming weeks in Europe.
- Mail Search Redefined: A mail search experience leverages Yahoo!’s wealth of search science and technology to help people get answers faster by finding the right emails. When searching through Yahoo! Mail, a left-hand refinement column appears, letting users easily navigate, sort and narrow the search results by sender, attachment file, date, or folder location.
- Lightning Speed: Leveraging Yahoo!’s cloud technology, Yahoo! Mail provides performance that is twice as fast as previous versions of Yahoo! Mail, even in regions where only basic Internet speeds are offered.
- Spam Buster: Advanced SpamGuard technology and a new anti-phishing platform have reduced spam reports by 60 percent and help protect people from email hackers and unwanted instant message conversations. Yahoo! Mail blocks more than 550 billion spam messages per month.
“Yahoo!’s vision for online communications brings together all the tools that people use to connect — email, chat and social updates — and makes it easier for them to share content and engage in conversations with the people that matter most to them,” said Blake Irving, chief product officer, Yahoo!. “We’re delivering on this strategy with the latest version of Yahoo! Mail, providing our hundreds of millions of users worldwide with a fun, engaging and constantly connected experience across desktop, mobile and tablet devices that keeps the conversation going – anytime, anywhere.”
To upgrade an existing Yahoo! Mail account or create a new Yahoo! Mail account, go to uk.overview.mail.yahoo.com and click the ‘Upgrade Now’ button. For more information and a demo video of the newest version of Yahoo! Mail, visit our company blog, Yodel Anecdotal.
Yahoo! Mail at the Fingertips of Nokia Users
In addition to rolling out to Yahoo! users worldwide, the latest version of Yahoo! Mail will be available to Yahoo!’s global partners, including Nokia, Verizon, Rogers Telecommunications, and other device manufacturers and broadband service providers. Nokia email and chat services are now “Powered by Yahoo,” offering Nokia users an easier, safer and more social email and chat experience. This is a core component of the worldwide strategic alliance announced with Nokia in 2010, providing people around the world with access to world-class services across desktop and mobile devices.
Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) is the premier digital media company, creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. And Yahoo!’s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.com) or the company’s blog, Yodel Anecdotal (yodel.yahoo.com).