(The Hosting News) – Runa Capital, a leading technology-oriented venture capital fund, today announced the appointment of Oleg Melnikov as Chief Technical Officer.
Melnikov will remain Senior Vice President (SVP) at Parallels, as well as become a part-time employee at Runa Capital.
Melnikov will be responsible to perform the following duties for Runa Capital and its portfolio of start-up companies:
* Evaluate and give feedback to Runa and company CEO/CTOs regarding the company technology, products and software architecture setup and processes
* Support start-up CEO/CTO in complex technology architecture and product map decisions
* Define standards, policies, procedures, KPIs and milestones for start-up CEO/CTOs in their product and technology groups
* Provide technical & architectural support to start-ups and help develop cost optimization strategies by deploying the right architecture
* Carry out technology due diligence for Runa pipeline technology start-ups
“In his new role as Chief Technical Officer, Oleg will be responsible for evaluating our portfolio companies’ technology, products and software architecture setup and processes, ” said Serguei Beloussov, Runa Capital Senior Partner and Co-Founder. Oleg’s outstanding experience with Parallels allows Runa to invest in the most disruptive technologies and support them both on daily basis and through Parallels University Bootcamp events which we regularly organize for our portfolio companies. Oleg’s results-oriented approach and strategic thinking will help our start-ups to build outstanding products and become world leaders in their markets,” added Beloussov.
“I’m very excited to lead and advise Runa and its portfolio companies in technology,” said Oleg Melnikov, Runa Capital’s CTO. “I believe Runa Capital is one of the world’s best venture capital funds for technology start-ups with a unique portfolio and promising perspectives. Runa Capital offers a unique set of tools for any young, fast-growing company consulting them in Business Development, Finance, Strategy, Marketing, PR, Recruiting, GR and other issues. I’m happy to join the Runa team to support start-ups in technology,” added Melnikov.
Melnikov’s career spans more than 15 years in the software business. Currently Oleg Melnikov is Senior Vice President (SVP), Automation at Parallels, a worldwide leader in hosting and cloud service enablement and desktop virtualization. Currently Melnikov manages the team of developers working on Parallels Automation solutions. Melnikov has in-depth knowledge and extensive experience in Internet technologies, Internet applications design and development, e-business and hosting automation solutions. He has managed several engineering projects for Parallels. He holds a B.Sc. in Computer Science and a MS in Computer Science from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.
About Runa Capital
Runa Capital is technology-focused venture capital firm whose founders and partners have created or incubated companies with more than US$10 billion in assets. It was established to seek growth opportunities in the rapidly growing areas of the tech sector, with specific focus on cloud computing and other hosted services, virtualization and mobile applications.
Runa Capital’s investments announced to date include: Thinkgrid(acquired by Colt), Nginx, Ecwid, Jelastic, StationX,Capptain, Mambu, Zopa, StopTheHacker, LinguaLeo, Dnevnik.ru, Cellrox and other companies.
More information can be found at http://runacap.com
|Dedicated Servers | Work with Steadfast Experts|
- Steadfast experts design, implement and support your custom solution
- 100% Uptime SLA, and easy growth options for your business
- 24/7/365 onsite support; 2 hour hardware replacement
- On-demand DNS management, security assessments and antivirus protection
- 50 GB backup space included
- Runa Capital & ServInt Announce Program
- Runa Capital Invests $2M in BackupAgent
- ThinkGrid Secures Runa Capital Investment
- Prolexic Technologies Secures US$30 Million Series C Financing Led by Trident Capital & Intel Capital
- Sphera Receives $4 Million in Series D Funding From Leading Venture Capital Firm