(The Hosting News) – Just how much do Samsung devices contribute towards Android-based Internet traffic? Well, it’s a pretty big chunk. According to statistics unveiled by research firm Chitika on Tuesday, Samsung accounted for 47.2% of such data in the North American market.
Chitika relied on its advertising networks to get the results.
“Samsung’s extensive usage of Android as the operating system for the majority of its smartphones and tablets, along with the company’s success in the marketplace, has led Samsung to be the leading Android device manufacturer,” stated the company via a news release.
Other companies that led behind Samsung included the likes of HTC (9.7%), Motorola (9.5%), Amazon (8.8%), LG (8.3%), ZTE (2.5%) and Google (2.5%).
So exactly which Samsung devices were lighting it up? According to Chitika, the Samsung Galaxy S III pretty much dominated, covering 32% of Samsung’s traffic. That despite Samsung having released the S4 in April. The Samsung Galaxy Ace also performed particularly well.
Meanwhile, Chitika pointed to Samsung’s “total marketing budget” as a reason for the company’s success with the Google mobile OS.
|Cloud Servers from GetCloudServices|
At GetCloudServices we:
* Understand & resolve challenges in no time;
* Minimize your business risks with our reliable services;
* Deliver cost-effective & real-time IT solutions;
* Provide 100% value for your money.
- Apple Files Suit Against Samsung Tablets
- Apple Asks Courts To Ban The Sale Of Infringing Samsung Devices
- Google Rolls Out Android Security Fix
- Google Makes Chrome Available Via Android
- Oracle Files Lawsuit Against Google Over Java and Android