Samsung Loses Bid To Ban Apple Products in South Korea
December 12th, 2013 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Mobile tech giant, Samsung, faces another setback in its ongoing infringement battle with Apple with the loss of its bid to ban older model iPhones and iPads in its home country of South Korea.
On Wednesday, a Seoul Central District Court ruled that Apple products such as the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPad2 did not infringe Samsung’s patents on group messaging and message display methods, reports Reuters.
“We are glad the Korean court joined others around the world in standing up for real innovation and rejecting Samsung’s ridiculous claims,” stated Apple Korea spokesman, Steve Park.
The court also threw out Samsung’s request for $100 million in damages, only winning $95,100, continues the report.
“As Apple has continued to infringe our patented mobile technologies, we will continue to take the measures necessary to protect our intellectual property rights,” Samsung said in a statement.
Samsung said it would review the ruling before determining to appeal the case.
|Restore Manager cPanel plugin|
* Allow your customers to browse their backups anytime and restore any specific items in real-time.
* Save time spent on restoring customer data from backups.
* Eliminate the need to restore the full account Or download the full backup file just to restore individual files or databases.
* Make smart remote incremental backups
* And much more at just $3 per month...