(The Hosting News) – Mobile tech giant, Samsung, faces another setback in its ongoing infringement battle with Apple with the loss of its bid to ban older model iPhones and iPads in its home country of South Korea.
On Wednesday, a Seoul Central District Court ruled that Apple products such as the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPad2 did not infringe Samsung’s patents on group messaging and message display methods, reports Reuters.
“We are glad the Korean court joined others around the world in standing up for real innovation and rejecting Samsung’s ridiculous claims,” stated Apple Korea spokesman, Steve Park.
The court also threw out Samsung’s request for $100 million in damages, only winning $95,100, continues the report.
“As Apple has continued to infringe our patented mobile technologies, we will continue to take the measures necessary to protect our intellectual property rights,” Samsung said in a statement.
Samsung said it would review the ruling before determining to appeal the case.
|Virtual Hosting over Cloud Platform in UK|
* Linux & Windows VPS
* Ability to Host Custom Software
* No Restrictions on number of Domains
* 24x7 Free Support & Quick VPS Set-up
* Plans Starting from Only £21/mo
- Apple Asks Courts To Ban The Sale Of Infringing Samsung Devices
- Apple Files Suit Against Samsung Tablets
- Did North Korea Hack the South?
- In South Korea, Massive Breach Hits Social Site
- Chinese Officials Ban The Purchase of Apple Products From Government Agencies