(The Hosting News) – SingleHop, a leading provider of on-demand hosted private clouds and managed hosting, today announced the launch of Shield Plus Advanced Security, a suite of security tools and technologies layered on top of SingleHop’s Shield Core Security foundation that enables enterprises to identify and combat evolving threats that can compromise critical business data and applications, sideline employee productivity, damage brand equity, and impact revenue generation.
SingleHop’s Shield Plus Advanced Security suite is focused on providing complete end-to-end security, with a strong focus on automated distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack mitigation.
Layered Security Services across Multiple Environments
The Shield Security portfolio provides comprehensive security services across five layers: physical, network, server, application and account security. These services are embedded within SingleHop’s solution offerings from dedicated servers to hosted private cloud computing environments.
Shield Plus delivers new security services across the network, server and application layers to help enterprises secure their IT infrastructures amid dramatic increases in security risks, including an alarming growth in denial of service attacks. The advanced features include:
- Always-on, Highly Automated DDoS Mitigation powered by technology from industry leader, Radware – Delivers protection from internet-borne attacks at a fraction of the cost of traditional protection
- Software Firewall and Endpoint Protection – Fully managed by SingleHop
- Operating System Updates and Patching – Allows administrators to spend less time updating servers and more time adding value
- Always-on Anti-Virus protection – Protects against malicious software
- Enhanced OS Security – Secures base operating systems through best-practices approach
- Unlimited SSL Certificates – Provides an unlimited number of GlobalSign SSL Certificates for securing systems
These additional, advanced services augment SingleHop’s standard Shield Core protection, which is an integral part of every SingleHop customer’s solution free of charge. The Shield Core offering encompasses comprehensive physical and account security procedures, foundational security features such as secure access-controlled data centers with SSAE-16 certification, and network, server and application security with features such as 24/7 security monitoring, private network segmentation, multi-factor authentication, and event-logging and management. More detail and a complete listing of Shield Core and Shield Plus security services are available at https://www.singlehop.com/secure-hosting/.