SmarterMail Mail Server Now Supports iPad
April 8th, 2010 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – SmarterTools has recently announced that SmarterMail mail server can provide complete push services for email, contacts, and calendars for iPad users. The Exchange ActiveSyc protocol that SmarterTools licensed from Microsoft in 2009 is the key component in providing this seamless integration.
“With the release of the Apple iPad, the importance of mobile computing has never been stronger,” said Tim Uzzanti, CEO of SmarterTools Inc. “When we originally made the investment to license mobile protocols from Microsoft, we anticipated platforms beyond the iPhone, such as Android, on both mobile phones and on tablet computers. We are very excited that Apple has decided to provide Exchange ActiveSync on the new iPad and that SmarterMail is one of the few premiere mail and collaboration servers to fully integrate this functionality.”
PC World quoted Apple CEO Steve Jobs, “We want to kick off 2010 by introducing a truly magical and revolutionary product….the iPad.” True push technology, full collaboration, superior antispam, and an industry-leading application interface make SmarterMail Enterprise an ideal complement to the iPad’s revolutionary user experience and the leading application for mobile computing today.
Scalable and easy to manage, SmarterMail 6.x features a rich, webmail interface; reporting; events/notifications; throttling; message archiving; intrusion detection/prevention; advanced synchronization with Microsoft Outlook; over-the-air support for BlackBerry, iPhone, and Windows Mobile devices; and optional add-ons for Exchange ActiveSync, Commtouch Antispam, and Commtouch Zero-hour Antivirus. Enhanced antispam, antivirus, and security features provide superior protection out-of-the-box.
SmarterMail is available at the SmarterTools Web site and through authorized resellers.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering