(The Hosting News) – Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the release of Softaculous 4.2.7
This version has several new features which includes Automated Backups of installations and many more this version also fixes few bugs.
Softaculous 4.2.7 has following changes:
1) Automated Backups : Users can now choose from the install form/edit installation page to take automated backups (i.e. Daily, Weekly, Monthly).
2) Admins can now choose to prepend a prefix for Admin Username field for their endusers on the script install form.
3) All scripts requirements can be checked from the Softaculous Admin panel to determine which scripts might not work on the server.
4) Added settings in Softaculous Admin panel to individually disable New installation, Remove installation, Edit installation, Backup installation emails sent to the endusers.
5) Added setting to disable Backup installations emails from the Softaculous Enduser panel -> Email Settings.
6) Admins can define the PERL version, MySQL version, list of enabled extensions, list of enabled functions in the pre install hook to override the requirements check done while script installation.
7) Bug Fix : The cPanel user’s email was stored by default in user details file in Softaculous. Now it will be stored only if a user has specifically changed the email address in Softaculous Enduser panel -> Email Settings.
8) Bug Fix : Fixed the Auto Install API and SDK to work with Directadmin.
9) Bug Fix : Script installation was not allowed if the user wanted DB prefix to be empty. This is now fixed.
10) Bug Fix : On the Task List page hyperlink was displayed even for the paths. This is fixed now.
11) Bug Fix : Softaculous used to send update notification for the installation(
s) that were manually updated i.e. when Softaculous records were outdated. Softaculous will now find the actual version of installation(s) and if it does not match with the existing records the Softaculous records will be updated and notification(s) will be sent only if installation(s) are still outdated.
Softaculous apps library has 300+ apps which lets the users choose a script from a wide range of options available.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere, Interworx and ISPSystems and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications with one click when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
“Softaculous 4.2.7 adds support for automated backups for an installation for existing and new installations.” said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO.
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, ShopSite, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc. most of which can be installed in several languages by just choosing the language on the Install form.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 54 apps while the Premium version currently has 309 Apps.
“The automated backups installation feature added in Softaculous 4.2.7 will let the users to select to take regular backups i.e. Daily, Weekly or Monthly.” said Brijesh Kothari, Sales Head at Softaculous. “So in case the user wants to revert any changes they will have a recent backup to restore from.”
The company also offers AMPPS – a WAMP and MAMP stack with Softaculous installed. AMPPS is a complete package on your desktop, same like the server that provides many open source web applications. Application Management, Domain management, Database management, etc are provided in a secure environment to ease your development.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Center’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
It is very easy to find, deploy, manage, backup applications using Softaculous. One can also deploy apps in the office using Softaculous Webuzo or Softaculous AMPPS.
For more information, visit http://www.softaculous.com/