(The Hosting News) – Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the launch of Softaculous 4.1.7 on 18th December.
This version has several new features and a few bug fixes.
Softaculous 4.1.7 has following changes:
1) Added a feature for the admin to upgrade multiple applications from the admin panel. (Note : At the moment this is possible for scripts which don’t require manual intervention during upgrade).
2) Added support for installing scripts on IDN domains. (NOTE : This will require updating scripts packages, which will updated regualarly by the end of the February.)
3) The Admin Update software page has been improved. Now only those scripts are sent to the update queue, which require an update. (Previously all the scripts were sent to the update queue.)
4) Now additional “Email To” option on install page will not be displayed if admin has disabled the setting “Turn Off all Email to Endusers” from the Softaculous Admin Panel.
5) On the scripts “Overview” page and “List Software” page release date of the scripts version will be displayed.
6) Improved the Softaculous packaging API.
7) Bug Fix : While editing an installation details, Softaculous was not accepting special characters for MySQL database password. This is fixed now.
8) Bug Fix : Update email notification for scripts was not sent in ISP. This is fixed now.
9) Bug Fix : In cPanel Native UI mode cPanel’s HOME button was leading to 404 error. This is fixed now.
10) Bug Fix : Scripts search was not working in ISP Panel. It is fixed now.
11) Bug Fix : In the Softaculous Admin Panel -> Software selection page, while selecting the “Check All” checkbox, all scripts were not selected. This is fixed now.
12) Bug Fix : Username was set to random string even when certain scripts required a particular admin username. This is fixed now.
13) Bug Fix : In case of Multi version scripts, while importing child installation it could be imported multiple times. This is fixed now.
14) Bug Fix : While deleting the backup, backup information file for backup was not deleted. This is fixed now.
15) Bug Fix : On software page in Admin panel scripts count was showing wrong. It is fixed now.
16) Bug Fix : While configuring files Softaculous was providing default permissions instead of the one specified in Softaculous Admin panel.
17) Bug Fix : Softaculous category was not displayed in CleanPanel theme. It is fixed now.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere, Interworx and ISPSystems and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
“Softaculous 4.1.7 has added Auto Upgrade feature which will allow Admins to Upgrade their users outdated installations from Softaculous Admin panel.” said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. “This feature was much awaited and took quiet long because it required modifications in the Softaculous structure.”
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc. most of which can be installed in several languages by just choosing the language on the Install form.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 55 apps while the Premium version currently has 285 Apps.
Softaculous now supports installation of apps on IDN domains. “Softaculous will now allow users to install their favourite scripts on IDN domains.”
said Brijesh Kothari, Sales Head at Softaculous.
The company also offers Webuzo – a LAMP stack with Softaculous installed on a CentOS Machine. Webuzo can help any user deploy Web Apps on their Desktops or in the Office. Webuzo can also be deployed in the Cloud which helps users to access their apps from anywhere.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Center’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
It is very easy to find, deploy, manage, backup applications using Softaculous. One can also deploy apps in the office using Softaculous Webuzo or Softaculous AMPPS.
For more information, visit http://www.softaculous.com/