(The Hosting News) – Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the release of Softaculous 4.2.5 on 11th June.
This version has several new features which includes support for installing plugins of a script from the install form, Import/Export of Softaculous settings and more this version also fixes few bugs.
Softaculous 4.2.5 has following changes:
1) Improved the API to support the installation of Plugins, themes, etc of a script via Softaculous. Admin can also control these settings to enable, change default values, etc shown on the install form to end-users.
2) Check HTTPS connection : If user selects to install a script on the https protocol, Softaculous will display a warning to the user if a Trusted SSL certificate is not found on the domain.
3) Import/Export settings : You can import/export the Softaculous admin settings from a server and replicate the settings.
Note : This is available only for cPanel at the moment.
4) Detect real version : Admin can now determine the real version of installation(s) and update Softaculous records from Softaculous Admin panel -> Installations (The records are outdated in case the user updates the installation manually).
5) Softaculous ACL plans will now be sorted alphabetically by default.
6) Bug Fix : Made changes to get correct number of existing databases in cPanel for compatibility with WHM 11.38+
7) Bug Fix : Added validation for Table prefix to allow only alphanumeric characters and _
8) Bug Fix : The Group order for Softaculous Apps category in cPanel was not saved 1st time when set from Softaculous Admin panel -> Select Top Scripts. This is now fixed.
9) Bug Fix : Language files were missing for Sign In page in a few languages for Softaculous Remote and Softaculous Enterprise. This has been fixed.
10) Bug Fix : Backup download option did not work on ISP Systems. It is fixed now.
Recently Softaculous apps library touched a figure of 300 apps which lets the users choose a script from a wide range of options available.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere, Interworx and ISPSystems and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications with one click when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
“Softaculous 4.2.5 adds support for installing plugins, themes, etc for a script on the install form in Softaculous itself.” said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. “This will make it easier for users to install plugins and themes while installing the script via Softaculous.”
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, ShopSite, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc. most of which can be installed in several languages by just choosing the language on the Install form.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 54 apps while the Premium version currently has 303 Apps.
“Softaculous 4.2.5 includes the option to Import/Export admin settings for the admin which will help them to replicate the Softaculous settings over multiple servers.” said Brijesh Kothari, Sales Head at Softaculous. “We have also added the feature which will warn the user if they choose to install a script on https protocol and does not have SSL installed on the domain.”
The company also offers AMPPS – a WAMP and MAMP stack with Softaculous installed. AMPPS is a complete package on your desktop, same like the server that provides many open source web applications. Application Management, Domain management, Database management, etc are provided in a secure environment to ease your development.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Center’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
It is very easy to find, deploy, manage, backup applications using Softaculous. One can also deploy apps in the office using Softaculous Webuzo or Softaculous AMPPS.
For more information, visit http://www.softaculous.com/