(The Hosting News ) – SoftLayer Technologiesâ„¢, the innovative on-demand data center services provider, today announced the opening of three new data center pods in the companyâ€™s Dallas, Seattle, and Washington, D.C., data center facilities. The new pods add capacity for 20,000 additional servers, bringing SoftLayerâ€™s total capacity to more than 45,000 physical machines.
The new pods are part of SoftLayerâ€™s unique approach to data center design. Each of the companyâ€™s geographically diverse data centers consists of multiple pods built to identical specifications with the same best-in-class methodologies. This level of standardization across all its geographic locations enables SoftLayer to optimize key data center performance variables, including space, power, network, personnel, and internal infrastructure.
SoftLayerâ€™s milestones in 2009 included:
* More than 5,700 active customers across 110+ countries
* More than 23,000 deployed servers
* Placement in Gartnerâ€™s Magic Quadrant for Web Hosting and Cloud Infrastructure Services
* Introduction of CloudLayerâ„¢ line of cloud services, including CloudLayer Storage, CloudLayer CDN, CloudLayer Computing, and Bare Metal Cloudâ„¢
* Industryâ€™s first deployment of IntelÂ® Nehalem microarchitecture
* IPv6 support across all data centers
* Multiple carrier additions across all data centers for a total of 290Gbps
â€œWe continue gaining momentum every year. We broke more projections and records this year than last, and 2010 will bring even more of the same,â€ said Lance Crosby, CEO of SoftLayer. â€œThese three new pods meet the customer demand increases that we expect in the very near future. And they are only preliminary measures in our growth strategy for 2010. We have some big plans which we canâ€™t wait to share with everyone.â€
About SoftLayer Technologies
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, SoftLayer provides best-in-class, on-demand IT services on a global basis from facilities in Dallas, Seattle, and Washington, DC. SoftLayer integrates and automates all IT elements to innovate industry-leading servicesâ€”including cloud, dedicated, and virtual computing environments