GlobalSign Adds Former Microsoft Employee as CTO
January 30th, 2012 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Popular certificate authority GlobalSign has a new chief technology officer. On Monday, the company announced that former Microsoft security engineering expert Ryan Hurst would take the position, bringing with him ten years of experience gained at his previous company.
At Microsoft, Hurst dealt with digital certificates via Microsoft’s Root Certificate program. Other previous responsibilities included biometrics, code signing, cryptography and more.
Discussing his new company in a press release, Hurst referred to GlobalSign as “one of the few pure-play Certificate Authorities.” Hurst also stated that the company “maintained one of the most credible names in the industry over its many years of delivering PKI solutions.”
“I am very excited to help direct the technical aspects of the company, as GlobalSign bolsters its position in the enterprise security market, in particular, its exciting new mobile and cloud security solutions,” Hurst commented.
Specific duties Hurst will oversee at GlobalSign as outlined by the company include product architecture, the company’s engineering and operations, compliance, standards development and the company’s vision for technology.
Meanwhile, GlobalSign CEO Steve Waite said bringing Hurst on will “immediately help GlobalSign fulfill our goal of providing trusted Digital Certificate solutions to enterprises and partners of all sizes.”
The appointment of Hurst follows last week’s announcement by the company that they had named former Networking4all CTO Paul van Brouwershaven the company’s new Business Development Director.
In December, the company made news when it introduced an enterprise solution for iOS device authentication (iOS is Apple’s mobile operating system for devices including the iPhone and iPad).
Among its services, GlobalSign offers products such as SSL, malware scanning, data privacy, email encryption, code signing certificates and more. The company also maintains technology partnerships with high profile companies including Citrix, Microsoft and Adobe. For more information concerning the company’s appointment of Ryan Hurst as CTO, view a press release here (globalsign).
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering