(The Hosting News) – Popular certificate authority GlobalSign has a new chief technology officer. On Monday, the company announced that former Microsoft security engineering expert Ryan Hurst would take the position, bringing with him ten years of experience gained at his previous company.
At Microsoft, Hurst dealt with digital certificates via Microsoft’s Root Certificate program. Other previous responsibilities included biometrics, code signing, cryptography and more.
Discussing his new company in a press release, Hurst referred to GlobalSign as “one of the few pure-play Certificate Authorities.” Hurst also stated that the company “maintained one of the most credible names in the industry over its many years of delivering PKI solutions.”
“I am very excited to help direct the technical aspects of the company, as GlobalSign bolsters its position in the enterprise security market, in particular, its exciting new mobile and cloud security solutions,” Hurst commented.
Specific duties Hurst will oversee at GlobalSign as outlined by the company include product architecture, the company’s engineering and operations, compliance, standards development and the company’s vision for technology.
Meanwhile, GlobalSign CEO Steve Waite said bringing Hurst on will “immediately help GlobalSign fulfill our goal of providing trusted Digital Certificate solutions to enterprises and partners of all sizes.”
The appointment of Hurst follows last week’s announcement by the company that they had named former Networking4all CTO Paul van Brouwershaven the company’s new Business Development Director.
In December, the company made news when it introduced an enterprise solution for iOS device authentication (iOS is Apple’s mobile operating system for devices including the iPhone and iPad).
Among its services, GlobalSign offers products such as SSL, malware scanning, data privacy, email encryption, code signing certificates and more. The company also maintains technology partnerships with high profile companies including Citrix, Microsoft and Adobe. For more information concerning the company’s appointment of Ryan Hurst as CTO, view a press release here (globalsign).
|Dedicated Servers | Work with Steadfast Experts|
- Steadfast experts design, implement and support your custom solution
- 100% Uptime SLA, and easy growth options for your business
- 24/7/365 onsite support; 2 hour hardware replacement
- On-demand DNS management, security assessments and antivirus protection
- 50 GB backup space included
- GlobalSign Adds Business Development Director
- GlobalSign Adds StopTheHacker Services
- GlobalSign Adds Finnish Hosting to SSL Partner Program
- GlobalSign Develops Free Tool for Code Signing
- Former Microsoft Employee Pleads Guilty To Theft Of Trade Secrets, Receives Three Month Prison Sentence