(The Hosting News) - SunGard Availability Services, the pioneer and provider of information availability and disaster recovery services, today announced support for virtualized platforms for its SunGard Managed Oracle Services. Virtualized platforms allow companies to make the transition from capital intensive, traditional dedicated infrastructure, leveraging scale and pay-as-you-go multi-tenant models. Managed Oracle Services are designed specifically to run ERP applications and Oracle Databases with pre-certified Oracle server and storage hardware and software, known as Oracle Red Stack.
As Oracle users prepare for application upgrades from Oracle 11i within the next year, SunGard’s Managed Oracle Services will also provide key migration support to organizations so they can transition to R12 quickly and easily, all the while providing high application performance, scalability, availability and resiliency.
Key features and benefits of SunGard’s Managed Oracle Services include:
- Technical support for the day-to-day management of Oracle E-Business Suite application environment, including databases and the underlying virtualized infrastructure
- Infrastructure that utilizes Oracle’s Red Stack, comprised of Oracle servers and Oracles’ ZFS high performance storage arrays
- Personnel who provide application administration, database administration and infrastructure support services, as well as functional support
- Configurable infrastructure which allows Oracle ERP users to manage both performance and licensing requirements
“We’ve worked with SunGard Availability Services for 12 years now, relying on them for management of our Oracle E-Business Suite,” said Nicole Khoshnoud, vice president, Accounting, DecisionQuest, a SunGard Availability Services customer. “SunGard is an extension of our group that feels like part of our organization. They know who we are and have the relationship and expertise to consistently support our business.”
SunGard Managed Oracle Services is a strategic component of SunGard’s suite of Managed Application Services. The extended offering allows customers a range of service options such as infrastructure services, database services and application services. Customers receive assistance with Oracle OS and hypervisor licensing by helping accurately size environments to meet their current needs.
“We’re constantly seeking ways to help our customers optimize their environments while avoiding the headaches associated with application management,” said Joe Sullivan, vice president, Product Management for Managed Services, SunGard Availability Services. “Extending our Oracle management services to virtualized platforms allows customers to leverage the benefits of scale and agility while allowing application managers to focus their time on the core business.”
For more information, please visit http://www.sungardas.com.
About SunGard Availability Services
SunGard Availability Services provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With approximately five million square feet of datacenter and operations space, SunGard Availability Services helps customers improve the resilience of their mission critical systems by designing, implementing and managing cost-effective solutions using people, process and technology to address enterprise IT availability needs. Through direct sales and channel partners, we help organizations ensure their people and customers have uninterrupted access to the information systems they need in order to do business. To learn more, visit www.sungardas.com or call 1-800-468-7483. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
|Unlimited Everything Hostgator.com Hosting $4.95|
* Our web hosting is 100% GREEN!!!!!!!
* FREE Site Builder + Free 4,500 Templates
* 24/7/365 phone, chat, and email support.
* 99.9% uptime guarantee!
- SunGard Opening New Managed Services Facility
- SunGard Availability Services Outlines Cloud Recovery
- Managed Services Contract Awarded to SunGard
- Oracle Unveils Cloud-Centric Partnerships
- EDS and Oracle to Provide Application Management and Hosting Services