Survey: Users Moving from Public Cloud to Hybrid
August 15th, 2013 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – A new study from web hosting provider Rackspace shows more and more customers are migrating away from public cloud computing towards hybrid solutions.
The company teamed up with marketing specialist Vanson Bourne to achieve their results.
Out of all respondents, a large amount (60%) noted they had already moved or were considering a move either of some workloads or all.
“The hybrid cloud is the future for many companies, our research revealed. Instead of a hybrid cloud approach being a stepping stone to public cloud; it’s the opposite: the public cloud is a stepping stone to a hybrid cloud. Sixty percent of respondents said a hybrid cloud is the culmination of their cloud journey – it is their future,” explained Rackspace’s John Engates via a company blog post.
Meanwhile, more specifically, a larger sum of 72% noted that at least a portion of their application portfolio already leveraged hybrid-based cloud solutions.
Rackspace also emphasized that many of its clients find that “one size does not fit all” in terms of which cloud solution is best suited for them.
The company provides for things like cloud and managed hosting, email and applications.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering