(The Hosting News) – A new study from web hosting provider Rackspace shows more and more customers are migrating away from public cloud computing towards hybrid solutions.
The company teamed up with marketing specialist Vanson Bourne to achieve their results.
Out of all respondents, a large amount (60%) noted they had already moved or were considering a move either of some workloads or all.
“The hybrid cloud is the future for many companies, our research revealed. Instead of a hybrid cloud approach being a stepping stone to public cloud; it’s the opposite: the public cloud is a stepping stone to a hybrid cloud. Sixty percent of respondents said a hybrid cloud is the culmination of their cloud journey – it is their future,” explained Rackspace’s John Engates via a company blog post.
Meanwhile, more specifically, a larger sum of 72% noted that at least a portion of their application portfolio already leveraged hybrid-based cloud solutions.
Rackspace also emphasized that many of its clients find that “one size does not fit all” in terms of which cloud solution is best suited for them.
The company provides for things like cloud and managed hosting, email and applications.
|CaroNet managed hosting solutions engineered for your business|
* Cloud, dedicated and hybrid hosting / collocation / managed services
* Performance tuned solutions
* 60 Gbps redundant BGP networking in our Tier-3 data centers
* Celebrating 15 years in data center operations
* Uptime guaranteed
- AirVM Wins the Best of VMworld 2014 Finalist Award for Public and Hybrid Cloud Computing Technologies
- Codero Launches Hybrid Cloud Hosting
- What is a Hybrid Cloud Environment?
- Hostway: “Big” Data Moving Into Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud Set to Outpace Private Cloud?