(The Hosting News) – A new study from web hosting provider Rackspace shows more and more customers are migrating away from public cloud computing towards hybrid solutions.
The company teamed up with marketing specialist Vanson Bourne to achieve their results.
Out of all respondents, a large amount (60%) noted they had already moved or were considering a move either of some workloads or all.
“The hybrid cloud is the future for many companies, our research revealed. Instead of a hybrid cloud approach being a stepping stone to public cloud; it’s the opposite: the public cloud is a stepping stone to a hybrid cloud. Sixty percent of respondents said a hybrid cloud is the culmination of their cloud journey – it is their future,” explained Rackspace’s John Engates via a company blog post.
Meanwhile, more specifically, a larger sum of 72% noted that at least a portion of their application portfolio already leveraged hybrid-based cloud solutions.
Rackspace also emphasized that many of its clients find that “one size does not fit all” in terms of which cloud solution is best suited for them.
The company provides for things like cloud and managed hosting, email and applications.
|Steadfast Colocation, Support | Chicago and New Jersey|
- Three locations: Two in downtown Chicago, one in Edison, New Jersey
- 100% Uptime SLA in Tier II and Tier III data centers
- Multiple carrier options available
- Meets regulatory compliance: SSAE16 and SAS70 audited
- Management Available, allowing more time for your core business
- AirVM Wins the Best of VMworld 2014 Finalist Award for Public and Hybrid Cloud Computing Technologies
- Codero Launches Hybrid Cloud Hosting
- What is a Hybrid Cloud Environment?
- Hybrid Cloud Set to Outpace Private Cloud?
- Hostway: “Big” Data Moving Into Cloud