(The Hosting News) – Are you looking to move your website from its current shared hosting environment and exploring other hosting options? If so, you may wish to consider VPS Hosting. VPS Hosting, or Virtual Private Server Hosting, provides some significant benefits over other options, including Dedicated Server Hosting. In today’s business world, a constantly changing economy and the need to lower company expenses while maintaining high profits are major considerations for companies as they look toward moving away from shared hosting environments. Oftentimes, companies turn to dedicated server hosting as the preferred option to shared hosting. One major disadvantage of making such a decision is the fact that in a cost-conscious business environment, Dedicated Server Hosting can be significantly more expensive then the shared hosting environment they wish to leave. Significantly more expensive, in many cases, can translate into paying up to four times the cost of their current shared hosting.
Fortunately, a much more viable and cost-effective solution to the expense of Dedicated Server Hosting can be found in Virtual Private Server Hosting, or VPS Hosting. Some of the benefits of VPS Hosting include:
- The ability to host a number of websites simultaneously and dedicate a virtual server to each and thus avoiding the need to share resources with other websites.
- The ability to configure virtual servers according to your own unique specifications.
- The ability to have total control and management over all of the servers you have purchased on a single server.
- The ability to dedicate virtual servers to specific applications such as emails, FTP, and back ups.
- The ease and speed with which virtual servers can be set up and put on line. This is unlike dedicated server set up, which oftentimes takes days.
- The ease with which VPS can be modified or upgraded.
- The power savings cost when compared to dedicated servers. Virtual server environments operate off of a centralized power unit, as compared to a dedicated server which must power up many servers to meet the individual needs of clients.
In closing, in a cost-conscious business environment, considering the use of a VPS Hosting system over other hosting systems and environments is a cost-effective, practical, and wise business choice for today’s ever-changing economy and business world.