(The Hosting News) – Ubersmith recently announced the release of the latest version of its flagship datacenter management software, Ubersmith DE Version 1.8, with Natural Language Search across all of its core modules. Now, data center managers can find and quickly correlate client account information, support issues, and device and usage data across the platform 85% faster. The new search tool returns more relevant and nearly instant results from very large data sets; and, as part of the leading automation software for the web hosting and data center market, it will save users thousands of hours per year, while improving reaction time to critical issues.
Complex searches that used to take 30-60 seconds now take less than five seconds thanks to the integration of powerful Apache SOLR and Zend Lucene search engines. The search tools also allow advanced screening capabilities in instances where either limited or obscure information is all that is available, such as support ticket information, one of the most important use cases, or IP addresses in use.
“The latest release of Ubersmith DE meets the service provider market’s needs for drastic improvements in speed when dealing with large data sets and user bases, which is typical for Ubersmith clients” said Dan Cech, chief technology officer. “As we make critical advancements in scalability and performance, we deliver on Ubersmith’s promise to bring continuous innovation, greater efficiency, cutting-edge features and time and cost savings to our customers.”
The new natural language search functionality is just one of hundreds of feature enhancements added in Ubersmith DE Version 1.8 in order to maintain the company’s position as the leader in streamlining data center operations and improving the efficiency and automation of service providers across the lifecycle of datacenter operations, assets, and customers.
Other Feature Enhancements in Ubersmith DE Version 1.8 include:
• New support feature for “Level 2” credit card processing helps merchants save money on transaction fees: This new features sends tax details along with each transaction to help merchants accept more credit cards and qualify for the best rates. Merchants with large numbers of customers and high transaction volumes (such as government and large corporations) will benefit by getting higher approval percentages and more favorable rates.
• System-wide and Support Manager User Interface (UI) enhancements help better manage large numbers of data, especially support tickets, by adding usability improvements and time-saving data correlation on the support screens, as well as the screens to manage billing, client accounts, orders, permissions, and reports and monitoring.
• Integrated device support has been expanded to new switch and rebooter/PDU models, adding to the hundreds of specialty datacenter switches, servers and appliances that Ubersmith already supports.
• Expanded virtualization features to manage cloud and hybrid offerings via the Virtuozzo API.
• Several new API calls, including support for tags, enhancements to IP management handling and order queue interaction
• SSL certificate provisioning enhancements
• Plus, over 200 bug fixes, speed and usability improvements.
Hosting companies, managed services provider (MSPs), public cloud vendors, SAAS providers and enterprises can now manage multiple areas of the operations and business faster and more effectively, including: billing automation, management and provisioning of devices, support and trouble ticket resolution, customer relationship management (CRM), usage and alert monitoring and integrated financial and business reporting.
Ubersmith DE 1.8 is designed to fit the needs of all sizes of service providers, from startup cloud providers all the way to the largest ISPs and enterprises and is available starting from a low, monthly base rate. Each installation of Ubersmith comes with comprehensive migration assistance and full 24/7 support from Ubersmith’s team of expert engineers. Upgrades are performed by contacting customer support.
Ubersmith is a pioneer in Web-based automation for the global web hosting, data center and service provider industries and the market leader in automated data center management tools among businesses generating $1 – $20 million in revenue from cloud, virtual hosting, and dedicated servers offerings. Founded in 2003 and based in Troy, NY, the privately-held company was the first to offer automated billing and monitoring of server usage to the IT infrastructure industry. The company is the only company serving a significant share of the market with a single-platform workflow solution offering real-time billing of bandwidth and overage usage, alongside mission-critical features to automate device lifecycle management, customer relationship management (CRM), support and trouble ticket resolution, real-time performance monitoring, and advanced profitability evaluation and business reporting. Please visit our website at www.ubersmith.com.