ViaWest Partners with SolidFire on SSD Storage
November 9th, 2012 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – ViaWest, one of the largest privately held data center, cloud computing and managed service providers in North America, announces its partnership with SolidFire to now offer predictable high performance solid-state drive (SSD) storage with firm Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Leveraged with ViaWest’s robust KINECTed Cloud platform, SolidFire storage offerings enable even the most demanding workloads to run in the cloud. SolidFire’s use of SSD technology, combined with high-efficiency storage architecture, enables rapid provisioning of scalable, reliable storage. Users are able to easily dial up or dial down performance on-demand according to their specific requirements. SolidFire’s IO and bandwidth virtualization technology make this possible within a fully managed and monitored system complete with an intuitive user interface.
“By combining our feature-rich, VMware-powered KINECTed Cloud with the unmatched performance of SolidFire’s storage technology, ViaWest customers will be able to provision network-accessible volumes for their cloud instances with 100% SLAs on storage performance and availability – something not achievable until now,” states Jason Carolan, ViaWest Chief Technology Officer. “This pairing accelerates performance standards beyond what has been previously available in the cloud. This offering leverages our robust data management and administrative services to create a one-stop shop for production-grade, high performance services,” Carolan adds.
“ViaWest continues to challenge the status quo of what is possible within the cloud,” says SolidFire founder and CEO Dave Wright. “They fully grasp that cloud computing is evolving toward supporting performance sensitive and business critical applications and have built an infrastructure fueled by SolidFire to meet the increasing demand. ViaWest also places a premium on the customer experience. SolidFire’s ability to guarantee application performance allows ViaWest to set and maintain customer expectations from day one for every application within their cloud.”
This high performance offering is optimal for heavily utilized databases, big data, virtual desktop, and high throughput virtual machines. The SolidFire platform allows ViaWest to use its data center space more wisely and take advantage of lower power consumption as a result of its unique design.
For more information on ViaWest, please visit www.viawest.com.
|Corero Network Security|
* Real-time DDoS protection for you and your customers
* Purpose built DDoS protection appliance deployed at the Internet edge
* On-premises technology is designed to handle volumetric network-based DDoS attacks or floods, reflective and amplified spoof attacks, like DNS and NTP attacks, as well as application layer attacks - such as slow loris, slow read etc
* Unique, slim-line appliance family delivers 10 Gbps full-duplex performance in a 1/4 wide, 1 RU form factor, enabling Hosting providers to deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required
* Providers are now enabled to offer creative new offerings, such as DDoS and cyber threat protection, enhanced security SLAs as well as visibility and reporting through an analytics portal that can be leveraged as a premium service offering