Websites Plan Online Campaign Against NSA Spying, Reset the Net
June 3rd, 2014 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Several websites, businesses, and nonprofit organizations have come together to plan an online campaign on Thursday to raise awareness against NSA snooping and privacy issues.
The campaign is called Reset the Net and it is organized by some of the world’s largest websites including Reddit, BoingBoing, WordPress.org, DuckDuckGo, Mozilla, the ACLU, and the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
“The NSA is exploiting weak links in Internet security to spy on the entire world, twisting the Internet we love into something it was never meant to be: a panopticon,” says the campaign’s website. “We can’t stop targeted attacks, but we *can* stop mass surveillance, by building proven security into the everyday Internet.”
Reset the Net’s campaign asks website owners to add SSLs, HSTS, and PFS to their sites to make browsing more secure and encourages app developers to use SSL and cert pinning if it “talks” to a server.
The campaign was initiated by Fight for the Future, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting Internet user’s rights and freedoms from mass surveillance.
For more information on Reset the Net, click here.
|Caronet Managed Hosting Services - Engineered for YOUR business|
* Your True Managed Services Provider - Cloud, Colo, Dedicated Solutions
* Multiple Levels of Support to Ensure You Pay for Only What You Need
* Focus More on Revenue Generating Activities and Applications
* Technical Engineers are on call and available for 24 x 7 x 365 Support
* Named to 2015 Managed Service Provider 500 List by CRN