Websites Plan Online Campaign Against NSA Spying, Reset the Net
June 3rd, 2014 By:THN News
(The Hosting News) – Several websites, businesses, and nonprofit organizations have come together to plan an online campaign on Thursday to raise awareness against NSA snooping and privacy issues.
The campaign is called Reset the Net and it is organized by some of the world’s largest websites including Reddit, BoingBoing, WordPress.org, DuckDuckGo, Mozilla, the ACLU, and the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
“The NSA is exploiting weak links in Internet security to spy on the entire world, twisting the Internet we love into something it was never meant to be: a panopticon,” says the campaign’s website. “We can’t stop targeted attacks, but we *can* stop mass surveillance, by building proven security into the everyday Internet.”
Reset the Net’s campaign asks website owners to add SSLs, HSTS, and PFS to their sites to make browsing more secure and encourages app developers to use SSL and cert pinning if it “talks” to a server.
The campaign was initiated by Fight for the Future, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting Internet user’s rights and freedoms from mass surveillance.
For more information on Reset the Net, click here.
|Restore Manager cPanel plugin|
* Allow your customers to browse their backups anytime and restore any specific items in real-time.
* Save time spent on restoring customer data from backups.
* Eliminate the need to restore the full account Or download the full backup file just to restore individual files or databases.
* Make smart remote incremental backups
* And much more at just $3 per month...