(The Hosting News) – WordPress.com recently released some pretty interesting stats accounting for how many sites are hosted through the platform worldwide. The site’s post focused primarily on stats regarding free sites hosted on the company’s WordPress.com website.
A page on the site now features an updated stat board, showing that WordPress accounts for over fifty million sites worldwide. The post notes that about half of these include sites directly hosted on WordPress.com. However, it’s not sure whether the rest account for those who use the platform independently provided by WordPress.org on their own server space.
As for particular stats regarding free WordPress.com blogs, WordPress.com says that every month two and half billion pages are viewed by more than 283 million people worldwide. The site also says that “WordPress.com users produce about 500,000 new posts and 400,000 new comments on an average day.”
Another interesting stat the site reveals are the language break downs used on the platform’s various sites. The English language accounts for a high majority at 66%, followed by Spanish at 8.7%. Portuguese is the third at 6.5% while Indonesian accounts for 3.5%. Other languages used less include Italian, German, French, Russian, Vietnamese, and Swedish. That’s also a pretty signifying stat in terms of what users of particular languages don’t use WordPress.com. Left off the top 5 list are top languages including Mandarin, Arabic, and Japanese. Overall, the platform hosts sites in more than 120 languages.
WordPress is one of the world’s most popular blogging platforms. High profile entities that use WordPress include CNN, CBS Radio and popular tech sites including GigaOM and TechCrunch.
The platform provides free blogs through WordPress.com and allows users to host WordPress software independently on their own server space by WordPress.org.
For more information, please visit: http://en.wordpress.com/stats/#wcmtl
|Caronet Managed Hosting Services - Engineered for YOUR business|
* Your True Managed Services Provider - Cloud, Colo, Dedicated Solutions
* Multiple Levels of Support to Ensure You Pay for Only What You Need
* Focus More on Revenue Generating Activities and Applications
* Technical Engineers are on call and available for 24 x 7 x 365 Support
* Named to 2015 Managed Service Provider 500 List by CRN
- 3 Ways to Collect Stats for a WordPress Blog
- Dinahosting Releases First Spanish Stats Portal
- Shared Web Hosting Company, Host Color, Adds New Website Stats
- ‘I’m getting paid!’ Hack Hits WordPress.com Blogs
- Hackers Gain Access To WordPress Servers