Features of Microsoft Exchange 2007
Microsoft Exchange 2007 is the new version of Microsoft’s market-leading Exchange email server. It simplifies communications, improves your ability to share information and increases message security and compliance.
Exchange 2007 is the most advanced messaging solution available, with full email, contacts, calendaring and wireless access capabilities. However, it is expensive to buy and install – over $10,000, even for smaller companies.
The most cost-effective way to implement the Exchange 2007 server for a small or midsized organization is to use an Exchange hosting provider. This will allow you to benefit from the new features, without paying the upfront costs of building an Exchange server in-house or having to maintain the server in the future.
Here are some of the new features of Exchange 2007:
Simplified and Integrated Communications
• Exchange 2007 allows you to customize your Out of Office messages through improved options, such as setting distinct messages for internal and external contacts.
• The Autodiscover feature will allow you to set up your Exchange account to the Outlook client quickly and easily – all you have to do is enter your email address and password and you’ll be started in minutes.
• Instant search will help you to locate information from any part of your Inbox by letting you search your e-mail (including attachments), contacts, tasks and calendar all at once.
• Unified Messaging lets you receive and access email, voicemail and faxes all in one place – your inbox.
Share Information and Schedule Meetings
• The sharing and meeting-scheduling tools of Exchange 2007 allow you to share calendars, task folders, contact lists and other information with colleagues and request to see the recipient’s information at the same time, allowing for improved group collaboration.
• Improved security levels for sharing govern who can view your schedule. You may provide access on a case-by-case basis and set different levels of permissions as you choose.
• The new Exchange 2007 Scheduling Assistant suggests the best time for a meeting based on the desired attendees’ schedules and even takes into account resource availability.
• The Booking Attendant easily allows you to schedule resources for your meetings by making it simple to search for and find available conference rooms or other resources.
Increased Message Security and Compliance
• Integrated security technologies provide the latest in active messaging protection to stop unwanted spam and viruses from entering your inbox.
• The new E-Mail Postmark technology manages email legitimacy by applying a token to email messages it sends as a check for the reliability of incoming messages.
To implement Exchange 2007 for your organization without paying the upfront costs of building the server in-house and the future costs of maintaining the Exchange server.