(The Hosting News) – Yahoo has acquired Seattle based mobile marketing company, Sparq, after the company announced the acquisition on its website, reports Tech Times.
“I am thrilled to announce that SPARQ has been acquired by Yahoo. We’ve come a long way from our humble beginnings and are proud to have created a service and product that has touched hundreds of millions of people,” wrote Sparq founder and CEO, Jesse Chor.
“We are uber passionate about mobile — we’ve been striving to build the best mobile platform possible, and are excited to continue upon that goal with Yahoo. Words cannot describe how ecstatic we are to be joining such an amazing team with such an inspiring mission. We see endless opportunity ahead.”
As part of the purchase, Sparq has terminated its service to their existing customers.
“We will be terminating our current service, and are reaching out to existing customers with support details. On behalf of the entire SPARQ team, thanks again for all for your support and we hope to work with you again soon at Yahoo.”
|Unlimited Everything Hostgator.com Hosting $4.95|
* Our web hosting is 100% GREEN!!!!!!!
* FREE Site Builder + Free 4,500 Templates
* 24/7/365 phone, chat, and email support.
* 99.9% uptime guarantee!
- Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0, Debuts New Beta Version, in 13 Countries
- With New Release, Yahoo! Places Emphasis on Mobile
- Yahoo!, Web Hosting Provider, Upgrades Mobile Solution
- Yahoo! Mobile Search, Aligns with Telefonica, to Service Over 100 Million
- Yahoo! Search Marketing Gives Away 10 Million Free Ads