(The Hosting News) – In an effort to bring local business searches to its search engine, Yahoo has partnered with urban city guide, Yelp, announced Yahoo on Wednesday.
“At Yahoo, we’re always looking to build great partnerships to provide a richer experience for our users. That’s why we’re especially fired up to add trusted user content from Yelp, bringing more business listings, more photos, and more reviews to the recently-refreshed Local Search and Yahoo Maps experiences,” states a blog post from Yahoo.
Users will now see user reviews, business information, photos, and star ratings from Yelp integrated into their viewing experience when using Yahoo’s search engine either on their smartphones, computers, or tablets.
“With local searches making up about 25% of Yahoo’s search traffic, the demand for reliable local information is high, and we’re excited to make this experience even richer for Yahoo users. Across all categories of local business, from dog groomers and day spas to nightclubs and burger joints, trusted content from Yelp’s vibrant community of locals will help Yahoo users decide where to spend their money,” states a blog post from Yelp.
Last month Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer stated that she sees opportunity in “contextual search”, especially with mobile traffic steadily increasing.
|Caronet Dedicated Servers - Experience Elite Infrastructure and Enterprise Hardware|
* 99.999% Uptime SLA Guarantee with 24 x 7 x 365 Support
* Enterprise Dell Brand Baremetal Servers
* Dedicated 2.0 - Reliability of Dedicated with Benefits of Cloud
* High Performance - Enterprise Class Storage
* Seamless Migrations Between Dedicated and Cloud
- Search Engine, Yahoo!, Launches Yahoo! Widget Engine 3.0
- Yahoo! Establishes Yahoo! Research Labs to Advance Search Engine Technology
- Yahoo! to Drop Google Search Results As Early As First Quarter 2004
- Dot VN, Inc. Signs Yahoo! Search Reseller Agreement
- Search News – Yahoo Partners With Adobe