(The Hosting News) – zColo, a Zayo Group Company, announces the opening of its data center located at 600 South Federal Street in Chicago’s downtown financial district. The newest zColo facility will provide carrier-neutral colocation and interconnection services to cloud, enterprise, financial, carrier, media and other connectivity-focused customers.
This is zColo’s first location in Chicago, the 3rd largest market in the US, home to top global financial institutions including the Chicago Stock Exchange, the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. The Chicago data center will provide access to Zayo’s new Ultra-Low Latency northern route between Chicago and Seattle.
This interconnection-focused data center provides carrier neutral colocation space of 12,200 square feet and supports up to 200 watts per square foot for high-power density applications. Twenty percent of Phase 1, or 5,300 square feet of raised floor space, is currently pre-leased. The facility features highly redundant power and highly efficient cold aisle containment on the raised floor.
600 South Federal will be home to zColo’s complete set of connectivity options, providing in-suite cross connects, connection to 32 carrier networks in the building through extensive riser assets, and expanded metro presence through the recent addition of the Metro Interconnect product providing access to Zayo’s 68,500-mile international network.
Metro Interconnect will offer connectivity to 18 key buildings in the Chicago metro market allowing customers to maintain a virtual presence across the key carrier hotels and data centers including 350 East Cermak. This will provide customers located at 600 South Federal fast and reliable access to the largest traffic exchange points in Chicago. Customers can establish a physical presence at 600 South Federal to support larger applications and increased power densities, while maintaining a virtual presence at 350 East Cermak through dark fiber cross-connects.
Zayo will be hosting a launch event at 600 South Federal to celebrate the grand opening on October 24th, 2012. For more information, contact Steve Finnerty at Steve.Finnerty@zayo.com.
Technical Site Details:
- Digital Realty Trust owned site – 162,000 square feet data center
- Zayo data center – 12,200 square feet; 5,300 square feet raised floor in Phase 1
- Dedicated customer conference room and work areas
- Single 2 MW utility feed from a redundant ComEd network grid
- Single 2 MW generator on site to backup entire facility with 2,150 gallon fuel storage for 12 hour run time at full load
- 2N UPS configuration using Eaton’s 1000kVA Powerware 9395 with PDU’s configured for A&B feeds to customer equipment
- Redundant switchgear for full maintainability of all electrical gear
- Ability to support high density customer requirements through cold aisle containment for maximum energy efficiency
- N+1 Air Cooled Chilled Water System
- 30 Ton down flow CRAC units throughout Data Center space (N+1 configuration)
- Raised floor air plenum with ceiling return back to CRAC units in place
- Complete BAS system to manage Power and Cooling Systems to ensure efficiency throughout
- Cross zone smoke detection tied to pre action sprinkler system with high temp heads
Network and Security
- SLAs supported by geographically diverse NOCs
- Card Reader/Biometrics 24X7 facility access under complete video surveillance
- 24X7 local and remote NCC monitoring of the facility
About Zayo Group
Based in Louisville, Colo., privately owned Zayo Group (www.zayo.com) is an international provider of fiber-based Bandwidth Infrastructure and network-neutral colocation and interconnection services. Zayo Group serves wireline and wireless carriers, data centers, Internet content and services companies, high bandwidth enterprises as well as federal, state and local government agencies. Zayo Group provides these services over regional, metro, national, international and fiber-to-the-tower networks. With its recent acquisitions of AboveNet and FiberGate, Zayo Group’s network assets include approximately 68,500 route miles, covering 45 states plus Washington, D.C. Additionally, Zayo Group has over 136,000 billable square feet of colocation space and approximately 9,000 on-net buildings, including 500+ data centers, 500+ Points-of-Presence (POPs), and 2,500+ cell towers. For more information on Zayo, visit www.zayo.com.
Zayo Colocation Inc., also known as zColo, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zayo Group providing carrier-neutral, interconnection focused colocation services in 20 domestic locations. zColo is the exclusive operator of the 60 Hudson Street (NYC) Meet-Me-Room and other interconnection focused colocation facilities in the NY/NJ metro market, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Memphis, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Minneapolis, Las Vegas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Dallas and Seattle. For more information on zColo, visit www.zColo.com